Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCP withheld information
hgonzalez 05:16 PM 02-21-2015
I have a family of 2 very difficult kids here. The oldest is in the Autism spectrum and has had some rough times here. He has been doing well for a few months and then started severely acting out 2 weeks ago. I was baffled and kept asking the parents if there had been any changes at home, any routines being changed etc. and received 'no' for an answer. The boy bit me last week and the parents finally decided to tell me that the Dad had lost his job a few weeks ago and has been at home during the day. The poor kiddo kept referring to 'Daddy being at home', but I didn't know what was happening. I am really upset that the parents did not share that information with me. What if there had been an emergency?
I now have the opportunity to possibly add another child, which would put me over one day per week on kids. I obviously won't do that, but am thinking of asking this 'job loss' family to go down to 4 days a week until I am able to have them all there together (about 7 weeks total).
Would you go ahead and take the new kid and risk losing the family of 2 (which I may lose anyway if he doesn't get another job), or keep the 2 existing kids under unstable circumstances (as well as them deceiving me)?
Thriftylady 06:21 AM 02-22-2015
If I could afford to, I would risk losing the two. Honesty is important to me in this job.
Second Home 08:51 AM 02-22-2015
If any child is a danger to others I would term whether I had a replacement or not .
Sugar Magnolia 12:31 PM 02-22-2015
I would not keep a child that bit me, seriously.
Reply Up