Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How long does it take to get your Food Program Check?
jenboo 02:32 PM 05-28-2014
April was my first month on the food program. i submitted my claim by the 12th because there were a couple issues...
Now I will be submitting May's in less than a week....
When should I have my april check by? or does this depend on my state??
BumbleBee 02:34 PM 05-28-2014
Mine takes 2-4 weeks from submission to my house. I'm in SW Michigan. Do you have direct deposit? I get a paper check.
snbauser 02:35 PM 05-28-2014
Depends on your sponsor. Our sponsor here does 2 runs to process payments. If you submit your claim by the 3rd of the month, it is run in the first round and we usually have the checks somewhere around the 10th. If you miss the first round or file on paper, then that is run in the second round on the 15th and you typically get it around the 25th or so.
TwinKristi 02:35 PM 05-28-2014
Definitely depends on the state. I won't be getting my April payment until the beginning of June and I had to submit it by the 5th of May. The late payments are issued with the following month. So you may get April & May together in July. You can always call your rep and ask, did you get a handbook about the payment cycle? Ours here is pretty clearly written out and if I have a question I can always email or call my rep.
Blackcat31 02:35 PM 05-28-2014
I think it might be different for each state/agency etc..

I submit by the 3rd of the month for the previous month and have my check NO later than the 15th-18th of the month.

For example, I submitted April's claim on May 2 and had my April check in my account on May 16th.

If we submit after the 3rd of the month, I get the check between the 25th-30th of the month.
craftymissbeth 02:37 PM 05-28-2014
I send my claim in at the beginning of the month and get my check on the last day of the month. I just started in February and I was confused about this also. Like the others said I guess it's different from sponsor to sponsor
jenboo 02:47 PM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Mine takes 2-4 weeks from submission to my house. I'm in SW Michigan. Do you have direct deposit? I get a paper check.
I havent filled out the direct deposit yet, so paper checks for now.

Thanks everyone! sounds like i have some more waiting to do.
Heidi 02:48 PM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
Definitely depends on the state. I won't be getting my April payment until the beginning of June and I had to submit it by the 5th of May. The late payments are issued with the following month. So you may get April & May together in July. You can always call your rep and ask, did you get a handbook about the payment cycle? Ours here is pretty clearly written out and if I have a question I can always email or call my rep.
This is how ours is...

We have to submit by the 5th, but the sponsor has until the 15th to do their part, and then we get a check on or before the 5th of the next month. Sometimes, it's a little early...I just got mine today for April already!
Annalee 02:55 PM 05-28-2014
We submit by the 3rd of the month...then get money direct deposit between 8th-15th.
TwinKristi 02:58 PM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
This is how ours is...

We have to submit by the 5th, but the sponsor has until the 15th to do their part, and then we get a check on or before the 5th of the next month. Sometimes, it's a little early...I just got mine today for April already!
Haha yeah well that's NOT how ours is! LOL we are lucky to have it before he 7th! I've had it come as late as the 17th or 20th I think? Of corse it was December too! :-/ I was seriously checking daily to see if it was deposited yet! Now I never expect to get it before 15th but never in 2 years have I had it before the 2nd-3rd.
Unregistered 03:28 PM 05-28-2014
I do my claim online. It has to be submitted by the third of the month, and the money is direct deposited on the last Thursday of that month.
itlw8 05:03 PM 05-28-2014
The state gets the money from the feds around the 20th and I get my direct deposit 2 days later. BUT if I miss the cut off date.. for me it is the 3rd because I file online and it is the 5th for those that mail Then I will not get a check until the next month when checks are issued
Childminder 07:04 PM 05-28-2014
It not only depends on the State but the sponsoring organization that you are involved with. In MI there are two sponsors, I believe. The one I am with requests that you have your info postdated by the 5th of each month and we have always received our monies by direct deposit on the last business day of the month, except once.

The other sponsor in our State receives their monies around the twentieth, I think.
Meeko 12:25 PM 05-29-2014
I send in my claim (MMenu) online at the end of each month. On the 1st of each month I receive direct deposit from the previous month.

Tomorrow, after close, I will send my May claim in. On June 1st (or nearest business day) I will receive my April money. I will get my May money on July 1st etc......
itlw8 12:30 PM 05-29-2014
Guess I should be thankful Missouri and my sponsor get the money out fast thanks to electronic transfers. My sponsor has everything ready to go as soon as the money hits their account the checks are mailed and the direct deposits are made.
Tags:food program, food program check
Reply Up