Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Advertise?
tamarab71 08:28 AM 02-19-2013
I've been open since October and I've gotten two phone calls. Both were from the local state Community Referral Agency. I've got a website but it's on a free site not a ".com" and I've got a Facebook page for the daycare business. I'm listed on care.com and a bunch of free "listing" agents, among them google maps. I've enrolled one child on a part time basis, that's it. Any suggestions to get more calls and increase my enrollment? What do you ladies do?
melilley 08:35 AM 02-19-2013
All of my calls have been from Craigslist. I also have a website, but haven't gotten any calls from it and mine is also a free site. You could put up fliers in libraries, stores etc.. I haven't done that yet, most stores around me don't have a community board. Also you could put a sign in your yard if your community allows you to do so. How did you advertise on care.com? When I went to do it, it told me to put in an hourly rate, but I don't have one.
tamarab71 12:47 AM 02-20-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
All of my calls have been from Craigslist. I also have a website, but haven't gotten any calls from it and mine is also a free site. You could put up fliers in libraries, stores etc.. I haven't done that yet, most stores around me don't have a community board. Also you could put a sign in your yard if your community allows you to do so. How did you advertise on care.com? When I went to do it, it told me to put in an hourly rate, but I don't have one.
I listed as a babysitter and gave the lowest hourly rate they "suggested" but in my description, I said I was a licensed child care provider and had flexible rates and referenced my website for more info. I think most parents realize that as a provider, you are not going to charge $10-$15/hour-just occasional-use sitters do that.
rmc20021 04:43 AM 02-20-2013
I have just recently done the webpage, facebook and other free online advertising as I have also NOT been receiving many phone calls. I'm in a very small community (and I'm older so I'm not in the social groups who have young children and don't get out much either)...I'm also listed through my local DHS and childcare resources.

But I have ONLY received calls from my ad on Craigslist, except one from DHS. Even with that, the calls have been pretty few.

I've been open for a solid year and only have 2 full timers and 1 part time. I want to increase my capacity from 6 to 12, which I know sounds kind of rediculous since I haven't even been able to fill 6 spots yet, but I've had a couple leave and I want to (hopefully) fill at least 8 spots so if I lose a couple it won't hurt the pocket so much.

I have just ordered a magnetic sign for the side of my car as well as matching business cards so I can get my name out there more and hoping that helps also. And have created some brochures to mail to other local providers so they can refer potential families to me if they are full. I have also designed some new great fliers to put out.

Oh, and I've also offered a $25.00 gift card to my facebook friends if they send a referral who enrolls with me.

Just be creative and keep getting the word out.
Tags:advertising
Reply Up