Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Hey Mom and Dad, 4 yr olds Talk
lovemykidstoo 05:54 AM 01-21-2014
Love it when the parents have trouble getting their kids to sleep at home so they tell them not to nap at my house. The girls are 4 years old and I tell them to lay on their mats for rest time. I don't tell them to fall asleep. If they do, they do. Well the girls told me today that their mom and dad said for them not to rest. They are here 2 days a week.
Blackcat31 07:28 AM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Love it when the parents have trouble getting their kids to sleep at home so they tell them not to nap at my house. The girls are 4 years old and I tell them to lay on their mats for rest time. I don't tell them to fall asleep. If they do, they do. Well the girls told me today that their mom and dad said for them not to rest. They are here 2 days a week.
I would bring this up in front of the parents and the girls at pick up time.

I would have a hard time letting that one slide.

If I was feeling really snarky, I'd call the parents right before rest time and ask them to pick up.

When they ask why, tell them because the girls said they were told not to rest so you assumed that meant mom or dad was going to be picking them up before rest time then......
daycare 07:35 AM 01-21-2014
UGH Ihate that. One that I hate even worse. I had a parent drop off last week ask me right in front of their kid. Susie says she doesn't want to nap today and wants to know if she can play puzzles or read books instead.

I was so flaming mad. I looked at DCP and said wow, throw me under the bus why don't you. Sorry, children who don't nap have outgrown my program. I then had to deal with little sussie throwing a massive tantrum for the next 20 minutes because I said NO to her request.
lovemykidstoo 09:02 AM 01-21-2014
Ticks me off. I guess mom and dad don't understand that I would like to eat my lunch without 5 million questions from 2 four year olds. I know that even if I put them in the playroom with a movie, I'll have to go in there 16 times and tell them to keep it down. Yea, while working a 10 hour day I don't need a break.
lovemykidstoo 02:30 PM 01-23-2014
Well, mom came to pick up that day and I told her what the girls said. She rolled her eyes and said, that's their dad talking. So, dad dropped off today, all red in the face and was laughinig. Said he told his wife that he didn't want to drop the girls off today because he heard that they ratted him out. He said that he didn't mean for them to be up running around, but to lay on their mats and not sleep. I told him, "just so you know, when they got to rest time, I tell them exactly that, that they don't have to sleep if they dont' want to but they do need to lay there and be quiet so the others can sleep". I told him oh yea, the girls tell all. hahaha. Bet he'll think again when he wants to flap about something. Oh and they both laid down today and 1 of them fell asleep. oops.
dave4him 02:44 PM 01-23-2014
You never really can be too sure what they are saying is fact or reality twisted in the small mind
Reply Up