Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Halloween games/activities...ideas please!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 09:10 AM 10-25-2010
I am going to have a Halloween day for the kids after school on Thursday. I'm trying to make a small list of activities or crafts to do this day, Halloween related. So far I only have 2 jotted down....the donuts on a string (eat donuts from a string) and a bean bag toss in a pumpkin....

oh and musical shapes (just like musical chairs, only instead of chairs you use shapes...you put one set of shapes in a circle, instead of using chairs you use shapes..(ex., pumpkin, skeleton, ghost) and one set of shapes (pumpkin, skeleton, ghost) in a bowl....they go around the shapes while halloween music is playing, once the music stops they stand in front of a shape...then I pick a shape in the bowl and the person standing in front of that shape is out. The kids love that one and it creates a ton less fighting than who was in the chair first.

So help me jot down a couple more ideas to keep the party going for a bit. Thanks!!
care-care 10:37 AM 10-25-2010
Trick or Treat
Before the party cut several strips of paper; about twice as many strips as there are children.Then on half of the strips write the word “treat”. On the other half write “trick” with a trick such as “hop on one foot”, “pat your head and rub your belly”.
Then place all of the strips in a Halloween bag. Have the children form a circle. Walk around the circle. Each player will draw a paper out of the bag and perform a trick or receive a treat such as a sticker, Halloween pencil or small piece of candy.

or this one
Mummy Wrap Relay
Divide the players into groups. I find groups of three or four work best.
Each group needs a player that is the “mummy” and the other players are the “wrappers”
Provide each group with a roll of toilet paper. The object of the game is to be the first group to wrap a mummy using the entire roll f tissue.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 11:11 AM 10-25-2010
Thank you! Awesome ideas! Keep them coming :-)
care-care 11:27 AM 10-25-2010
Play Dough
Make a batch of orange play dough. Set it out on a table with Halloween cookie cutters and wooden dowel pieces for rolling.

The Great Popcorn Challenge
Set out bowls full of popcorn at one end of the room,
empty bowls at another. Teams must transport the
popcorn from the full bowl to empty, using a measuring cup.
Note: popcorn is a choking hazard for children under three.

Cotton-ball Scoop Fill large mixing bowls with cotton balls and give each
guest a spoon. Kids must scoop out as many cotton balls as possible in one minute - without using fingers!
Reply Up