Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Vacation Pay If Contract Terminated Early
Unregistered 01:59 PM 06-22-2013
Hello,

If as a parent I ended my childcare contract early, am I suppose to pay the daycare provider vacation pay along with my final payment ? I fulfilled the requirement of providing two weeks notice as well as never been late or missed a payment. The contract says the process for termination of the contract is two weeks notice and the fee to be paid for those two weeks, there is nothing in the contract about paying for vacation pay if you end the contract before the provider takes vacation. Please advise.
Cradle2crayons 02:06 PM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hello,

If as a parent I ended my childcare contract early, am I suppose to pay the daycare provider vacation pay along with my final payment ? I fulfilled the requirement of providing two weeks notice as well as never been late or missed a payment. The contract says the process for termination of the contract is two weeks notice and the fee to be paid for those two weeks, there is nothing in the contract about paying for vacation pay if you end the contract before the provider takes vacation. Please advise.
If the contract states a two weeks paid notice then that's all you would need to provide. Read it carefully to be sure. But if it doesn't say two weeks paid notice plus vacation then you should be fine.
Unregistered 02:40 PM 06-22-2013
ok thanks that's what I thought as well.
Reply Up