Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Send Home?
Josiegirl 06:11 AM 01-10-2018
Quick question...dcbaby came back today after being out for 2 days with a cold and fever, seems fine except for goopy/runny/crusty eyes that seem a bit pink. Send home or keep and be extra vigilant? I just washed them out really well to see if it was just a.m. yuck.
Thanks!
Blackcat31 06:16 AM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Quick question...dcbaby came back today after being out for 2 days with a cold and fever, seems fine except for goopy/runny/crusty eyes that seem a bit pink. Send home or keep and be extra vigilant? I just washed them out really well to see if it was just a.m. yuck.
Thanks!
That sounds like viral pink eye.
It's still spreadable to others so I would personally send home but depending on your group and your ability during the day to keep his hands away from his face and clean it often he might be fine.

Here is some info about it. The viral type is referred to as non-purulent conjunctivitis.

https://www.hennepin.us/-/media/henn...fact.pdf?la=en
Snowmom 06:51 AM 01-10-2018
Ditto ^

If pink eye is excludable in your illness policy, I would exclude to maintain consistency & future expectations.
Ariana 07:42 AM 01-10-2018
I just had a child like this. Had a touch of a cold and watery eye that was slightly bloodshot. I didn’t notice it until right before nap time (thats how slight it was) so I kept him and when he woke up it was gone. He gets picked up shortly after nap time. Two days later I got it and my other DCK also got it!

Highly contagious so I would exclude. Many parents think it is just a goopy eye due to a cold, which technically is true, but it is still highly contagious pinkeye.
daycarediva 10:12 AM 01-10-2018
eye grossness that comes back after I wipe goes home. Any pinkness is an immediate ticket home.

IDC if it's viral, bacterial, or make up. I can't make that judge and pink eye SUCKS.
CityGarden 10:37 AM 01-10-2018
Send home! Not worth the risk.

I always send home when in question because if I get ill then it impacts all families.
HappyEverAfter 01:06 PM 01-10-2018
Send home. Better safe than sorry. Pink eye is something no one wants!
Pestle 11:06 AM 01-11-2018
Yes, send home.

I've got a guy who had frequent conjunctivitis until the doctor said it was allergic conjunctivitis and told the parents to take him off dairy. Apparently the lactose is exacerbating his respiratory allergies. It's true. . . weeks that they send in soy milk he's fine, but weeks that they send in Lactaid, he's a river of green snot. And on regular milk, he literally shoots boogers out of his eyes when he sneezes.
Josiegirl 03:24 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Yes, send home.

I've got a guy who had frequent conjunctivitis until the doctor said it was allergic conjunctivitis and told the parents to take him off dairy. Apparently the lactose is exacerbating his respiratory allergies. It's true. . . weeks that they send in soy milk he's fine, but weeks that they send in Lactaid, he's a river of green snot. And on regular milk, he literally shoots boogers out of his eyes when he sneezes.
Ewwww

Dcm has been sucking his nose out really well and it seems to be helping. He's been pretty congested and that could be contributing to his leaky eyes. It's much better than it was yesterday when I posted the question. Poor sweet baby.
Tags:pink eye policy, sent home - sickness, sick policy
Reply Up