Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sample Potty Training Letter?
Baby Beluga 07:11 AM 04-21-2015
I have searched and can only find Nan's - does anyone else have a potty training letter they wouldn't mind sharing with me? Thank you
TheGoodLife 08:21 AM 04-21-2015
Just cutting and pasting, so the format is changed, but here's what I would give to DCPs:

Potty Training

Potty training is an exciting time for everyone! It can also be a difficult and sometimes frustrating transition for a child, and because your child may be here at daycare as much if not more during the week than at home. I am happy to support your child’s potty training while here! My policies are:

• Please have a solid foundation of training at home before they start here- it can be scary and often a child is more comfortable starting their training at home. I am happy to begin training once you have that foundation set.
• Please find a time (outside of our regular work hours) to discuss your home methods with me, so I can be on the same page as you. I also want to be able to use the same language as that at home. Your child will train much faster if there is consistency between home and daycare.
• While I know many parents do the underwear-only training, I am not able to do it at daycare due to health regulations.
• Your child must be in pull-ups while training at daycare. After two weeks without an accident (i.e. wet or dirty pull-up) they may begin to come in underwear. However, I will ask that you still leave pull-ups here in case they are needed again.
• I reserve the right to take a break from training here if they have been trying for a duration of time here and I feel they are just not ready. The worst thing for potty training is to try to force it before the child is ready.
Martha Stewart 08:47 AM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by TheGoodLife:
Just cutting and pasting, so the format is changed, but here's what I would give to DCPs:

Potty Training

Potty training is an exciting time for everyone! It can also be a difficult and sometimes frustrating transition for a child, and because your child may be here at daycare as much if not more during the week than at home. I am happy to support your child’s potty training while here! My policies are:

Please have a solid foundation of training at home before they start here- it can be scary and often a child is more comfortable starting their training at home. I am happy to begin training once you have that foundation set.
• Please find a time (outside of our regular work hours) to discuss your home methods with me, so I can be on the same page as you. I also want to be able to use the same language as that at home. Your child will train much faster if there is consistency between home and daycare.
• While I know many parents do the underwear-only training, I am not able to do it at daycare due to health regulations.
• Your child must be in pull-ups while training at daycare. After two weeks without an accident (i.e. wet or dirty pull-up) they may begin to come in underwear. However, I will ask that you still leave pull-ups here in case they are needed again.
• I reserve the right to take a break from training here if they have been trying for a duration of time here and I feel they are just not ready. The worst thing for potty training is to try to force it before the child is ready.
I would bold that part. Stress it. Stress it over, and over, and over again. I cannot tell you how many parents i have had show up on a Monday with 14 pairs of trainers and expect me to start the process.
TheGoodLife 08:50 AM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by Martha Stewart:
I would bold that part. Stress it. Stress it over, and over, and over again. I cannot tell you how many parents i have had show up on a Monday with 14 pairs of trainers and expect me to start the process.
Yes, I had a few parts highlighted in mine
Baby Beluga 04:36 PM 04-21-2015
Thank you!
Tags:letter samples, potty training, potty training policy
Reply Up