Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
happymom 02:14 PM 05-24-2018
I am currently reading this book and I just love it so much.

It's about a woman, age 30, named Eleanor. She works in an office and lives a very repetitive, frugal, minimalist, isolated lifestyle. You find out early in the book that she's had trauma in her childhood/past, but the details are sporadically scattered through the book leaving you dying to know more.

I hear it's being made into a motion picture!

Just wanted to throw out a recommendation and see if any others have read it =)
Rockgirl 10:46 AM 05-25-2018
Thanks! I’ll check it out. I’m always looking for something new—this sounds like a good one!
Josiegirl 03:22 PM 01-01-2019
I am almost done with it and glad I picked it up at the library. It's kind of comical the way she speaks, very proper. She's a little bit of an odd duck who finds her own way of fitting in. Sad what trauma the character had to endure in her childhood.
Thank you for sharing this book!
momofsix 03:35 PM 01-02-2019
I loved it too!
Rockgirl 07:05 PM 01-02-2019
It was really good!
Josiegirl 01:52 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I am almost done with it and glad I picked it up at the library. It's kind of comical the way she speaks, very proper. She's a little bit of an odd duck who finds her own way of fitting in. Sad what trauma the character had to endure in her childhood.
Thank you for sharing this book!
A twist at the end that I didn't expect.
happymom 11:55 AM 01-03-2019
Now I want to read it again! I loved this one so much!
EmilyLily 02:38 AM 02-02-2019
Now I am interested! I will definitely check it out, it sounds interesting and I love that there is a twist in the end.
sahm1225 06:21 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
A twist at the end that I didn't expect.
I didn’t see that coming either.

I have the book and plan to read it again, but I really didn’t like the ending. The book left me feeling so sad and thinking about the kids that the foster system fails...
topazann 03:49 AM 03-11-2020
I found the book through Good Reads and had it on my ipad for quite some time but your post made me actually get to read it. I loved it, the subtle humor, the mystery that keeps you hooked, the realistic touch, I couldn’t stop reading. Her mom creeped the hell out of me. I’m going to miss Eleanor.
Tags:book suggestions, eleanor oliphant is completely fine
Reply Up