Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why is it?
jokalima 01:21 PM 06-27-2014
That the times that a child gets hurt is always the same one?

I've had a child for almost 4 years now. He always, we'll no always, but frequently fell, got bumps, etc.. Some way or another I would en up telling parents something. I've had other children here for longer than him and they never get hurt. This child moved to the school preschool last summer. I've spent almost a year without accident reports. They brought him back for the summer and guess what? Yup, he got hurt today, he didn't even fall or got pushed. They were playing and bumped and the bumped made him fall and hit a piece of furniture really hard. Got a bad boo boo, I was right there, saw it happen, was so fast I couldn't even prevent the fall and I was inches away form him. What are the odds???
midaycare 01:36 PM 06-27-2014
Sounds like a clumsy me growing up. Now I'm the adult version with bigger boo-boos.

I actually have a bruising condition and I've had people stop me and ask if I'm okay, you know, is my hubby beating me...
TwinKristi 01:47 PM 06-27-2014
I have one of my own children like that! He has been to the ER I would guess close to 15-20 times in his 17 years of life?? That doesn't even include the minor injuries! He's just clumsy and accident prone! LOL One of my DC kids is like this too, but he's got some sensory issues and developmental delays so I attribute it to that mainly. He's always fallen when walking or running. Like every day, even at almost 3yrs old, he still falls at some point in the day.
jokalima 02:41 PM 06-27-2014
He is clumsy. Always on the floor. I remeber when he was younger, he could be just standing up in the room and fall down. The thing is that I hate with passion having to give the news to this family. I would love to tell them that if they asked around, all the families will say they've never had a problem with their child. I just don't know anymore with this child.
crazydaycarelady 07:25 PM 07-01-2014
I don't know! In 22 years I have had to send a kid out for stitches twice - SAME KID both times!!
racemom 07:37 PM 07-01-2014
I have an 18 month old that I feel like I am always writing incident reports on! Luckily her mom knows she is clumsy so that makes it easier!
e.j. 05:16 AM 07-02-2014
I had a dcb who was super clumsy and used to get hurt all the time. My husband used to say, "He could trip over a painted line." At lunch, he fell off his chair constantly. He wasn't fooling around. He just had no sense of balance. Thankfully, no serious injuries and he since he was the same way at home, his parents knew it wasn't due to lack of supervision on my part.
Hopefully, your dcb's parents see it at home, too.
Wubby 09:18 AM 07-02-2014
I have one of those kids, he can trip over his own shadow. Walls just jump out and hit him in the head. An ant can make him fall flat. Car doors just open when he walks by. Some kids are just accident prone. His moms says she will never allow him to drive because he will be that person that hits parked cars and telephone poles.
AmyKidsCo 03:02 PM 07-02-2014
Some kids are just like that. I had a girl that would plow through anything regardless of "life and limb" and she was always getting hurt. I used to joke with her mom that if Social Services ever questioned me I'd stick up for her (Mom).
Reply Up