Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Time Transition
Catalina 11:21 AM 11-28-2017
Hi everyone! New member (and new provider) here!

Can anyone offer advice on how to transition four babies from pack n plays to cots at the same time? They sleep well (most of the time) in pack n plays. Would it be easier to go one at a time or just make the jump and switch all at once? My babies range from 11-14 months.

*I’m not starting this immediately. I’m just trying to plan ahead. My license requires all babies to be out of pack n plays by 24 months. If I’m transitioning one at a time, I've got to start soon!

I’ve enjoyed reading many of your threads and have learned a lot! 😊 Thanks in advance for any help.
storybookending 11:28 AM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by Catalina:
Hi everyone! New member (and new provider) here!

Can anyone offer advice on how to transition four babies from pack n plays to cots at the same time? They sleep well (most of the time) in pack n plays. Would it be easier to go one at a time or just make the jump and switch all at once? My babies range from 11-14 months.

*I’m not starting this immediately. I’m just trying to plan ahead. My license requires all babies to be out of pack n plays by 24 months. If I’m transitioning one at a time, I've got to start soon!

I’ve enjoyed reading many of your threads and have learned a lot! 😊 Thanks in advance for any help.
I would do one at a time since you have the time. Start with your best sleeper and work your way from there. Are they all in the same room?
Catalina 11:57 AM 11-28-2017
They are. However, I think I’m going to relocate to the playroom for cot sleepers. The pack n plays are currently in our guest bedroom. It’s not a room I really want toddlers potentially walking around in if they get up.
storybookending 12:14 PM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by Catalina:
They are. However, I think I’m going to relocate to the playroom for cot sleepers. The pack n plays are currently in our guest bedroom. It’s not a room I really want toddlers potentially walking around in if they get up.
Probably a good idea to move them to the playroom then!
CityGarden 12:51 PM 11-28-2017
I echo the advice to start one at a time, starting with your best sleeper.
Michael 01:17 PM 12-01-2017
Here are some other threads on transitioning to Pack n Play to Cots: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...+pack+and+play
hwichlaz 03:23 PM 12-01-2017
I think you have nearly a year....it shouldn’t take more than a week to transition one child. So start each one a week or two before their birthday.
Tags:naps, naptime, pack n play, transition from pack and play
Reply Up