Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Licensing Called...
hwichlaz 12:34 PM 02-14-2018
...to verify my hours of operation. And I was licensed in March....thinking I might want to triple check my paperwork and outlet covers....lol.
CalCare 12:41 PM 02-14-2018
Oh boy! I'm scared. I think they'll come to me any day too. I just can't imagine having them here while I have kids. I'm too busy and I can't even go get their paperwork while I'm doing my thing!
LostMyMarbles 12:52 PM 02-14-2018
California must be brutal. Where I live, my licensing consultant is awesome. She comes once a year for an unannounced visit. She understands that there's kids here and I have a job to do. She is patient and considerate.

One time when she came I needed to take her down in the basement to show her where the furnace was. I asked her if I leave the kids up in the living area and run down real quick with her is she going to write me up for the kids being unattended. She laughed and said no
Mom2Two 12:54 PM 02-14-2018
My licensing renewal is coming up. It's actually due at the end of June...but somehow it seems like it takes months and months...and $$ after $$...to get through it all. Seriously.

Note to self: Make sure I'm caught up on fire drills.
Homebody 12:59 PM 02-14-2018
I was licensed in October, and they didn't come until the week before Christmas. The year before that it was November. The year before that it wasn't until February! I haven't a clue when they are coming! This last time she showed up during nap, and I told her in a whisper I had just one child here who was napping. She didn't take the hint and kept talking very loud. I had met her before from daycare training classes and knew she was a very loud talker, but this was first time she inspected me. My own two kids were there and anytime they would start to get too loud, I would say so and so is still sleeping use your quiet voice. She heard this and still didn't take the hint. Her cell phone rang and she took the call while going through my paperwork and got even louder while on the phone. I wanted to tell her to keep it down but I didn't want to make her mad. So, my napper woke up 20 minutes early! I was just glad I didn't have any other kids that day. It ended up being my least thorough inspection yet. She didn't check my fire/tornado drill sheet, didn't checkout my basement where we go for tornadoes, didn't look in the bathroom. She was on the way out the door when she decided to at least check my naproom. She told me that I passed the inspection, and that was her Christmas present to me! I was in complete shock about how the whole thing went. I'm pretty sure I was her last inspection of the year and she just wanted to get on with her winter vacation!
hwichlaz 01:05 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by CalCare:
Oh boy! I'm scared. I think they'll come to me any day too. I just can't imagine having them here while I have kids. I'm too busy and I can't even go get their paperwork while I'm doing my thing!
It's supposed to be accessible so you might want to move it.
hwichlaz 01:07 PM 02-14-2018
It's a 2 hour drive from our licensing office to my house, so I'm sure they just wanted to make sure I'll be here. I'll make sure to leave a note if I have to step out for a few. They can go grab a soda and come back or something. I'd hate for them to waste a trip.
hwichlaz 03:55 PM 02-14-2018
Think they'd be suspicious if I nail DD's room shut? What about crime scene tape?

I guess I'm diving in to clean it tonight, sigh. LOLOLOL
CalCare 07:04 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
It's supposed to be accessible so you might want to move it.
Good point!
I have it in a non-licensed room... Hm I may have to rethink that!
Josiegirl 03:34 AM 02-15-2018
Licensing here is supposed to inspect at least once every 2 years. It's been a week over 2 years. With all the new regs. I'm sure she'll be much more thorough; most providers are saying she takes anywhere between 1 1/2-3 hrs. I'm sure I'll have a list a mile long when she's gone.
Annalee 05:04 AM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Licensing here is supposed to inspect at least once every 2 years. It's been a week over 2 years. With all the new regs. I'm sure she'll be much more thorough; most providers are saying she takes anywhere between 1 1/2-3 hrs. I'm sure I'll have a list a mile long when she's gone.
Despite my venting, maybe I am blessed to have so many visits yearly because they aren't so tedious to detail due to being in my daycare so often (depending on the licensor) I have the highest stars and still get visited 4 times a year. If no stars providers get 6 visits. This is in addition to relicensing yearly which is what I am doing now. All mine and my children records are checked along with another fire and health approval.....and don't forget the assessment that last 4-6 hours.....and the food program coming quarterly. Still waiting word on assessment! All this being said, I would welcome a visit every two years.
KayB 06:39 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
My licensing renewal is coming up. It's actually due at the end of June...but somehow it seems like it takes months and months...and $$ after $$...to get through it all. Seriously.

Note to self: Make sure I'm caught up on fire drills.
AHHH!!! Thanks for the reminder!!!
Tags:licensing visit
Reply Up