Johnson 8 7.77%
Stein 5 4.85%
Write-in vote 7 6.80%
Not Voting for President 10 9.71%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll
1 2
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Final 2016 Daycare.com Presidential Poll
Michael 09:59 PM 11-07-2016
I hope everyone gets out and votes today.
Mike 06:57 PM 11-08-2016
Originally Posted by momofsix:
Either way, no matter who wins, I'm thankful that I believe there's a God that's got the ultimate power!

Being in Canada, I didn't vote but our church has been praying every Sunday for a few weeks now for God to be in control.
Michael 01:40 AM 11-09-2016
Well it looks like our poll was one of the only ones that correctly predicted the outcome.
Josiegirl 02:11 AM 11-09-2016
All I can say is wow. I'm shocked. Yet I'm not. Guess I was hoping someone would magically come in from behind and win it all.
I wish Trump the very best of luck in leading our nation on a better path, and put forth his most honest efforts to help the people.
lovemykidstoo 04:31 AM 11-09-2016
So who is exhausted today? Stayed up and watched tv for too late! I wasn't going to, but then it was so crazy that i had to. Is it normal for a nominee not to come out and talk to their supporters when they realize they're not going to win?
Blackcat31 05:13 AM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
So who is exhausted today? Stayed up and watched tv for too late! I wasn't going to, but then it was so crazy that i had to. Is it normal for a nominee not to come out and talk to their supporters when they realize they're not going to win?
I stayed up late too....

The last time I was so close to the edge of my seat was the last lap in the last turn at Daytona the first race after Dale Earnhardt died.

I had CNN on my ipad, ABC news on my phone and was toggling back and forth between Fox and CNBC the whole time...

I kept telling myself I need to go to bed, but I couldn't tear myself away...
midaycare 05:19 AM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I stayed up late too....

The last time I was so close to the edge of my seat was the last lap in the last turn at Daytona the first race after Dale Earnhardt died.

I had CNN on my ipad, ABC news on my phone and was toggling back and forth between Fox and CNBC the whole time...

Haha, me too. I was toggling on the tv between CNN/FOX/ABC, was looking at live tweets on my phone, and watching for polling data to come in on my tablet. Crazy, exciting night. Being in MI, it was cool to be the center of so much attention. We rarely get too much attention in elections.
midaycare 05:21 AM 11-09-2016
I don't believe so, but they stated it was the smart thing to do since so many states were SO close. If she conceded, she would look bad asking for recounts. Remember that election?
lovemykidstoo 05:21 AM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Haha, me too. I was toggling on the tv between CNN/FOX/ABC, was looking at live tweets on my phone, and watching for polling data to come in on my tablet. Crazy, exciting night. Being in MI, it was cool to be the center of so much attention. We rarely get too much attention in elections.
I know, I felt the same way. They even mentioned my county (Saginaw County) several times!!! Our county never goes republican so was really interesting to see that republican overwhelming vote. They still haven't called Michigan. ugh
lovemykidstoo 05:37 AM 11-09-2016
OMG my facebook is insane. People are on there acting like the world just had a nuclear bomb go off. Someone I know said their daughter (13) was crying this morning and didn't want to go to school. Seriously? Good Lord. Parent induced hysteria. Other people. What do I tell my children. Good God.
mommyneedsadayoff 05:41 AM 11-09-2016
My Facebook is going nuts too! People are saying they will unfriend people like what are we, 6 years old??

I'm surprised he won but I think it shows just how many people are upset with the government.

Blackcat, they still haven't called MN right?
Annalee 05:44 AM 11-09-2016
Got a text from a family member at 10:30 that said...."I am so stoked, stunned but stoked"....said he was going to do cartwheels in his front yard because he smelled victory for Trump!
DaveA 05:51 AM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by Michael:
Well it looks like our poll was one of the only ones that correctly predicted the outcome.
There you go Michael. A new career- showing the "pros" how it's done.

I stayed up late too....

Oh I stayed up WAY too late jumping back and forth. The 2 things that struck me last night (and this morning also)were it's a good thing MSNBC's desk was on the ground floor because I think some of them would have jumped about 1100 and as much as I'm not a fan of Tucker Carlson on Fox he hit the attitude/ mood of voters (at least the ones around here) pretty much spot on.
DaveA 05:52 AM 11-09-2016
OMG my facebook is insane. People are on there acting like the world just had a nuclear bomb go off. Someone I know said their daughter (13) was crying this morning and didn't want to go to school. Seriously? Good Lord. Parent induced hysteria. Other people. What do I tell my children. Good God.
I'm afraid to get on Facebook for the next few days.
Blackcat31 05:53 AM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
My Facebook is going nuts too! People are saying they will unfriend people like what are we, 6 years old??

I'm surprised he won but I think it shows just how many people are upset with the government.

Blackcat, they still haven't called MN right?
Not yet......

Minnesota
(99% Expected Vote Reporting)
Last Updated: Nov. 9, 6:14 AM ET

Clinton (D)
47%

Trump (R)
45%
Blackcat31 05:55 AM 11-09-2016
On my drive into work today, the local radio station was calling local border patrol offices and asking them how long the lines are for people exiting the US.
lovemykidstoo 05:56 AM 11-09-2016
I think I will take a break from FB. It's all from the people that wanted Hillary to win and how the world is going to blow up. So many posts about how to become a Canadian citizen. These people i think in part need to look at their dear leader Obama and thank him because that is alot of the reason Hillary didn't win I believe. I really think it's lousy how she didn't come out and talk to her supporters last night after the work they did for her and how they stood there all night watching huge tv's. She could have at least done a video speech.

Then my most irritating family comes this morning and she talks about how her son is so mad that Trump won and he called today Trumpday instead of humpday. He's fricken 9. Give me a break. These kids feed off their parents. I said, yea well he's not 40 something and paying for Obamacare.
DaveA 06:06 AM 11-09-2016
On my drive into work today, the local radio station was calling local border patrol offices and asking them how long the lines are for people exiting the US.
From a Canadian Knifemaker I know.
938925.jpg
Attached:
Blackcat31 06:07 AM 11-09-2016
I think I will take a break from FB. It's all from the people that wanted Hillary to win and how the world is going to blow up. So many posts about how to become a Canadian citizen. These people i think in part need to look at their dear leader Obama and thank him because that is alot of the reason Hillary didn't win I believe. I really think it's lousy how she didn't come out and talk to her supporters last night after the work they did for her and how they stood there all night watching huge tv's. She could have at least done a video speech.

Then my most irritating family comes this morning and she talks about how her son is so mad that Trump won and he called today Trumpday instead of humpday. He's fricken 9. Give me a break. These kids feed off their parents. I said, yea well he's not 40 something and paying for Obamacare.
The one guy (I can't remember his name) on ABC News said something really interesting about the whole campaign.

He kept saying that the biggest thing in this campaign was something most people probably didn't even notice until afterwards but he said Trump gave people something to hope for or work towards... in unity.

His campaign slogan was "Make America Great Again!" .....people from all walks of life could relate to a statement like that (in general not specifically). The statement itself is generic enough people can find something in it to motivate them.... to unify them.

Meanwhile on the opposite side of the fence was the slogan "Hillary for 2016" What's in that statement that makes people feel good? What does that do for people? How does that unify others?
It doesn't. The egotistical side of that was a huge turn off for many people.

The commentator said it made Hillary come across as arrogant and self-serving as if she was simply advertising herself as the solution for all.

I am not a huge whole-hearted fan of either candidate but I do think something NEEDS to change and had either candidate been someone else, I think this may have been a completely different election all together.

We can't keep doing the same thing over and over and continue expecting a different outcome. I think there is a name for that.

But no matter what has happened and no matter what will happen, something DIFFERENT will happen.

and for that, I am happy!
laundrymom 06:13 AM 11-09-2016
I stayed up to 3:30. Alarm goes off at 5.
Almost a repeat of last week when the Cubbies won sleep wise.
My FB is violently reacting. One meme they are posting says that a trump voter should kill themselves for being a hater of any non white male heterosexuals.
Another says that trump supporters should apologize to every gay black Asian Muslim or mixed race friend. And beg for forgiveness.
I even have a friend who blames voters who chose someone other than Hillary or Donald. She blames them because had they stuck to the crowd and voted for Hillary it would be different. So not only are trump people evil but anyone who doesn't support Hillary in her eyes are uneducated, hating, murdering, illiterate jerks.
I think the majority of voters this year are fed up with the now and looking for the biggest change possible.
I voted trump. I feel for me it was the best choice. I urged others to vote theirs.
And I'm happy with the result.
I might be wrong. It's happened before.
I voted Obama. Twice.
mommyneedsadayoff 06:16 AM 11-09-2016
I read something similar about how the fact that Trump always said "you, the American people, will make America great again", versus, "I, Hillary Clinton, will...." made a huge difference in how people looked at them. Ultimately, I didn't vote for Trump, but I am happy with the outcome.
Annalee 06:18 AM 11-09-2016
One announcer mentioned how some voters went to the polls with the thought "do I really want more Obama years" and possibly changed their vote to Trump....the silent-voters helped Trump to win. They weren't going to vocalize that they voted for him but silently did so leading to a victory for him. This process brought back my HOPE for our country! Got large cup of coffee now to help me through the day from my sleepless night, though!
Ariana 06:19 AM 11-09-2016
The major winner here was Trumps marketing strategy and we all know he is the best at marketing products. This time the product was the American President. Lots of people believed he will make things better and I don't blame them for thinking that and needing that but I can guarantee he won't do that.
Blackcat31 06:19 AM 11-09-2016
I've heard many political analysts akin Trump to Andrew Jackson.....The only other presidential candidate who's own party did not support him.

He is often referred to as America's worst 'great' president.
Blackcat31 06:25 AM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
The major winner here was Trumps marketing strategy and we all know he is the best at marketing products. This time the product was the American President. Lots of people believed he will make things better and I don't blame them for thinking that and needing that but I can guarantee he won't do that.
I don't think anyone should make assumptions about what Trump can, can't, will or won't do...

A huge part of why he won was because Hillary and many of her followers severely underestimated him.

From a child care provider's perspective... I am happy for many reasons...
Mad_Pistachio 07:01 AM 11-09-2016
did they get an answer?
Blackcat31 07:07 AM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio:
did they get an answer?
Yes, every border patrol station they called while I was listening answered.

Some were amused, some probably didn't think it was funny at all and one said they had to schedule additional staff...just in case.

MN is normally a predominantly blue state but regardless of anyone's personal feelings most Minnesotan's still have the ability to find the humor in anything. We are very well known for MN Nice.
daycarediva 07:15 AM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
Partial birth abortion has been banned since 2008.
"The gruesome practice of partial-birth abortion has been illegal in this country for nine years–ever since the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the Federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act.

Sadly, Democratic Presidential nominee Hillary Clinton continues to stand by her vote against the law".

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/10/24/h...rth-abortions/

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/10/19/h...uldnt-step-in/
She has voted to uphold and legalize it.

I am conservative across most avenues, aside from same sex marriage, which I am for (so is Trump) Hillary voted against same sex marriage and in recent years changed her stance.

I am very pro-life, even anti death penalty. Life is sacred.

I am of course, happy with the election results. I am reminded of Reagan's election (or learning about it in school, it was prior to my birth ). I hope we can see the same prosperity we saw under 'Reaganomics', since Trump has similar tax views.
Snowmom 07:28 AM 11-09-2016
I stood in my polling cube last night for a good 10 minutes staring at those choices, changing my mind at least a dozen times before filling in that little circle.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:33 AM 11-09-2016
I find it ironic that another Clinton is having weiner issues

sorry......I couldn't leave that one alone.
Bahaaa!!!
Cat Herder 10:13 AM 11-09-2016
I am saddened by the number of high school-ers and college kids I know who were afraid to go to school today. The ones with the obnoxiously vocal parents whom have unwittingly made them targets.

Tires slashed, car doors keyed, lockers rifled and vandalized, fights, drinks being thrown at kids from moving cars in the parking lots, etc.
laundrymom 10:20 AM 11-09-2016
I've not heard of this locally.
Sorry your community is facing it.

Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I am saddened by the number of high school-ers and college kids I know who were afraid to go to school today. The ones with the obnoxiously vocal parents whom have unwittingly made them targets.

Tires slashed, car doors keyed, lockers rifled and vandalized, fights, drinks being thrown at kids from moving cars in the parking lots, etc.

daycarediva 10:23 AM 11-09-2016

My parents had a death threat spray painted onto their large trump sign in front of their house. "Die racist F****"

My mom is cuban.

Someone wore a trump hat to my dd's homeroom and he was attacked by three boys and had to be taken to the ER by ambulance.

Someone at our local college set a trash can on fire that spread in the cafeteria.

Insanity. I am so disheartened by the behavior and reactions to this election.
Ariana 10:27 AM 11-09-2016

Ridiculous
Unregistered 11:15 AM 11-09-2016
Reaganomics did nothing for me as a childcare provider in the 80s so I do not look forward to living that over.
And he supported making ketchup a vegetable in the f.p. as well as scrimping on portion sizes at the cost of nutritional requirements.
Blackcat31 11:33 AM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Reaganomics did nothing for me as a childcare provider in the 80s so I do not look forward to living that over.
And he supported making ketchup a vegetable in the f.p. as well as scrimping on portion sizes at the cost of nutritional requirements.
What exactly was Reagan suppose to do for you (a self employed business owner) in regards to child care when he was in office?
My county/area didn't even license providers back then.

I don't expect Trump (nor did I expect Clinton) to DO anything for me in regards to child care either but I did expect Clinton to continue giving away child care services for free which in turn would put me and many other hard working self-employed business owners out of business.

Also we currently have MORE junk food and unhealthy items on the list of credible options for the food program now than we have ever had before..... at least ketchup is made from an actual fruit/vegetable. Wonder how they justify poptarts?

I don't expect ANY president to do anything for me but I do expect the president to support those of us who try to do for ourselves.
Blackcat31 11:39 AM 11-09-2016

It's happening in California, Oregon and Washington too.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp
midaycare 12:01 PM 11-09-2016
What exactly was Reagan suppose to do for you (a self employed business owner) in regards to child care when he was in office?

I don't expect Trump (nor did I expect Clinton) to DO anything for me in regards to child care either but I did expect Clinton to continue giving away child care services for free which in turn would put me and many other hard working self-employed business owners out of business.

Also we currently have MORE junk food and unhealthy items on the list of credible options for the food program now than we have ever had before..... at least ketchup is made from an actual fruit/vegetable. Wonder how they justify poptarts?

I don't expect ANY president to do anything for me but I do expect the president to support those of us who try to do for ourselves.
I can't like this enough.
Cat Herder 12:02 PM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Even if I just got back the right to have the same ratios as centers currently have I could afford the touted "Quality" improvements.

In the 80's I could have 12 kids. I work best with 8 - 10. I could have 6 without being licensed.

Now, I can only have 6 licensed. I can only have 2 unlicensed. If I have 3 under one, I can only have those 3 (think newborn siblings, long term family/community relationships).

Centers can have 6/1 infants, 8/1 ones, 10/1 twos, 15/1 threes, 18/1 fours, 20/1 fives, 25/1 school agers.

Still only one provider. How is that better "Quality"?
nanglgrl 03:35 PM 11-10-2016

A picture of the school lunch for tomorow. The fruit smoothie is nothing more than a snow cone.
Attached: IMG_7452.jpg (54.1 KB) 
Mom2Two 05:55 PM 11-10-2016
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
A picture of the school lunch for tomorow. The fruit smoothie is nothing more than a snow cone.
I would like the food program changed as far as menu option. Except for allergy kids, I see no reason that low income kids can't just be offered a couple of whole grain options, some fruit and vegies, and some milk.

After dealing with FTT and tube feeding and tube weaning, I can tell you that if kids don't eat what they're offered, they are either not truly hungry or are sick or have an allergy. I can hardly believe how much kids are coddled with prepared food that is really pretty fancy.

I think it's bad for kids to be getting options like they do. I was raised on British food (aka boring food), and it did not do any of us harm--in fact the opposite. Everyone in my country was skinny but healthy! (Not so anymore, but that's a different story.)

And I promise that I'm not being a snobby person--we are tier one on the CACFP and it's not because of my neighborhood. I really think that many people are a bit spoiled in general!
BGM 02:42 PM 03-14-2018
How is everyone feeling about the election?
Cat Herder 05:04 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by KWTR:
Still sick of partisan propaganda. And you?
Blackcat31 06:32 AM 03-15-2018
Why do I feel like there's alot more being asked in that question than just the question itself?
Cat Herder 07:15 AM 03-15-2018
Why do I feel like there's alot more being asked in that question than just the question itself?
Experience. I smelled it too. Chum in the water.
Pestle 09:10 AM 03-15-2018
Oy vey. Trying to get this conversation started may be confusing an honest dialog or speaking the truth to power with keepin' it real (NSFW).
Michael 07:41 PM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Oy vey. Trying to get this conversation started may be confusing an honest dialog or speaking the truth to power with keepin' it real (NSFW).
Oh, that was a funny link haha
Mad_Pistachio 02:20 PM 03-18-2018
the one Russia had today?
same old, same old.
why?
TooManyKitties 04:48 PM 03-18-2018
The OP is taking about our last presidential election, where Trump was elected. This is an old thread.
Mad_Pistachio 05:39 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by TooManyKitties:
The OP is taking about our last presidential election, where Trump was elected. This is an old thread.
that wasn't the OP bumping this thread up.
so, oops.
BGM 01:20 PM 03-19-2018
Experience. I smelled it too. Chum in the water.
Well, I don't know about chum, but I do have a lot of respect for you guy's opinions. I was curious about what both sides were thinking and feeling about our government.

There's a lot of drama these days and I wanted to know what people thought about everything that's happening.

I guess I am particularly interested in how supporters feel about Trump's effectiveness despite the Days of Our Lives-esque news that seems to follow him everywhere.

You guys are the closest thing to a water cooler I have. Haha
Michael 02:24 AM 03-20-2018
I guess I am particularly interested in how supporters feel about Trump's effectiveness despite the Days of Our Lives-esque news that seems to follow him everywhere.

You guys are the closest thing to a water cooler I have. Haha
Ok I'll bite. People expect Trump to change. His MO is the same now as it was during the election. Also, the media is having a heyday with all the turnovers in his admin. He did the same thing during the primaries. Changed his campaign manager three times. Each time, the media said his campaign was over, but he won.

There are times he does act presidential but I think you get what you paid for and I'm not surprised by what I've seen the last 12 months. All that matters at the end of his 4 year term; did he make things better or worse? One things for sure. There is never a dull moment, although it does get stressful at times.

Bottom line; its only been a year and he is making politicians in Washington DC uncomfortable and our adversaries more so. I like that.
Cat Herder 05:53 AM 03-20-2018
Well, I don't know about chum, but I do have a lot of respect for you guy's opinions. I was curious about what both sides were thinking and feeling about our government.
Understood. It is such a minefield to discuss anymore, people are saturated with angry news. Personally, I feel it is hard to find an unbiased source of information so it's hard to have faith in my own opinions.

I think his tactics hide behind the headlines. While the drones swarm the gaffes, the worker bees labor unabated in the background.
BGM 02:32 PM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by Michael:
Ok I'll bite. People expect Trump to change. His MO is the same now as it was during the election. Also, the media is having a heyday with all the turnovers in his admin. He did the same thing during the primaries. Changed his campaign manager three times. Each time, the media said his campaign was over, but he won.

There are times he does act presidential but I think you get what you paid for and I'm not surprised by what I've seen the last 12 months. All that matters at the end of his 4 year term; did he make things better or worse? One things for sure. There is never a dull moment, although it does get stressful at times.

Bottom line; its only been a year and he is making politicians in Washington DC uncomfortable and our adversaries more so. I like that.
Very true. I've got to say, I'm fascinated with this whole thing either way!
BGM 02:34 PM 05-03-2018
Understood. It is such a minefield to discuss anymore, people are saturated with angry news. Personally, I feel it is hard to find an unbiased source of information so it's hard to have faith in my own opinions.

I think his tactics hide behind the headlines. While the drones swarm the gaffes, the worker bees labor unabated in the background.
It is so hard! But the problem is people are just too angry to talk anymore. That definitely doesn't help. If N&S Korea's leaders can hold hands, we should be able to have a diplomatic discussion on the internet. haha
Tags:election, election 2016, president
1 2
Reply Up