Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Infant Sleep Tips
Unregistered 07:30 AM 05-15-2015
I started a new DCG a week ago (Aged 3 months). I can't get her to sleep for any longer than it takes to set her down in the crib. I know she fights napping at home as well. At home she sleeps with a blanket in a car seat for naps. I told DCM that I am unable and unwilling to do that. The baby apparently needs a pacifier to suck on, but can't seem to keep it in her mouth. Baby seems perfectly content and not crabby. This morning, baby was brought in on the verge of sleep and actually fell asleep in my arms immediately, but then I set her down in the crib and then she woke up. I've let her lay in there for a while now as she seemed very content to do so, but ideally, this kid needs a nap. Any tips?
Unregistered 07:34 AM 05-15-2015
I should add. This baby is otherwise one of the easiest babies I've ever cared for. She's very content, eats well, burps well and almost never cries. Parents seem very receptive to what I have to say.
Leigh 09:00 AM 05-15-2015
I'd tell the parents that unless they are willing to work on providing the same safe sleep environment that you do that you can't see how it can work out. That the baby will be too disruptive to the group unless she learns how to sleep the way that the law requires you to have her sleep.
Blackcat31 09:39 AM 05-15-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I'd tell the parents that unless they are willing to work on providing the same safe sleep environment that you do that you can't see how it can work out. That the baby will be too disruptive to the group unless she learns how to sleep the way that the law requires you to have her sleep.
It's imperative that the parents set the stage for proper sleep at home FIRST before expecting you to deal with the fall out of their bad choices....

I'd tell then they have to teach baby to sleep in the same manner that you are allowed to. If they can't do that, you will be fighting an uphill (and losing battle) the whole time the baby is in your care.
Reply Up