Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Calls - RANT
sharlan 01:19 PM 11-16-2017
Why does everyone and their brother feel the need to call at naptime?

In one hour I've had 8 phone calls. 4 blocked numbers. 2 from dh's health insurance. They're always wanting him to have this test or that. They want to micromanage his health and order tests he doesn't need/want. 1 was from the exam company wanting him to take the tests his insurance (not doctor) ordered.

Plus my dd just called.

Can we say no naps today? My baby is so tired and cranky from being woke up.

I hate doing it but I turned the phone on and stuck it in a drawer. My 95 yo mother isn't doing well and I like to be available.
MarinaVanessa 02:05 PM 11-16-2017
I turn my ringer off and put my phone face down on the kitchen counter. All of my parents and my own family knows not to bother calling pretty much from the start of lunch until the end of naptime because I'm either busy or it's naptime during that time. I tell them that if it's an emergency that they're better off texting and I do check my phone every 15 minutes after checking on the napping infant. Everybody knows better.
storybookending 06:18 PM 11-16-2017
I知 the opposite, naptime is the only time I actually have time to entertain phone calls. I壇 much rather people text but if they need to call, naptime is probably the best time for me. I nap everyone in the bedrooms and in one case the basement so no one is napping in the kitchen/dining/living room where I知 at when I知 not doing my physical checks.
MyAngels 08:19 PM 11-16-2017
I use the do not disturb mode on my phone at times like this. It allows me to put exceptions in for certain people (my kids, hubby, mom, etc) and all other calls go to voicemail. I DND mode
Snowmom 06:26 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I知 the opposite, naptime is the only time I actually have time to entertain phone calls. I壇 much rather people text but if they need to call, naptime is probably the best time for me. I nap everyone in the bedrooms and in one case the basement so no one is napping in the kitchen/dining/living room where I知 at when I知 not doing my physical checks.
Me too.
My mom waits until nap to call me because that's when she knows I CAN talk without littles screaming for attention.
I have my phone on a really soft toned ring anyway, so it's not usually loud enough to wake anyone anyway.
midaycare 06:32 AM 11-17-2017
Ringer off, dryer usually on. All my kids sleep within a few feet of each other and I sit and watch them breathe like the stalker I am.

If someone calls, the phone vibrates and it doesn't wake anyone.
Blackcat31 07:14 AM 11-17-2017
I vacuum when my kiddos are napping.
I too have a small space and my kiddos all nap in close proximity but they've all been trained to sleep through pretty much everything...lol!

I had a 90 minute meeting over coffee with my QRIS coach yesterday while my kiddos all snored away less than 10 feet away.

I am sorry you guys have such sound sleepers
sharlan 07:52 AM 11-17-2017
My 19 mo is a very light sleeper. I can usually get him back to sleep, but yesterday was rediculous.

Phone's going off today.
daycarediva 09:34 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Me too.
My mom waits until nap to call me because that's when she knows I CAN talk without littles screaming for attention.
I have my phone on a really soft toned ring anyway, so it's not usually loud enough to wake anyone anyway.
Same here. I schedule everything for nap time. It's the only time I can get anything done!
sharlan 02:31 PM 11-17-2017
Today the gardener showed up early. Oh, well, today is Friday.
rosieteddy 06:48 AM 11-20-2017
When I started using music at nap phone/doorbell did not wake them.I used the music channel on the TV's in both rooms .It worked great most kids didn't wake up until I turned it off.If someone was crying it kind of evened the noise out. I could talk or do my paperwork while all kids were in my site.
Tags:calling during naptime, interruption - sleep, naptime issues
Reply Up