Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stain Removal on Blonde Wood?
Hunni Bee 11:12 AM 11-05-2018
So on Friday when I was off, someone set something wet on top of a red paper/paper with red writing on my cubbies. So now there's a huge red stain where the color transferred .

Its another Kaplan gem - that lovely Carolina Wood. It seems to have seeped through the useless finish into the wood, but is there any way I can make it a little better? Ugh.
DaveA 11:24 AM 11-05-2018
Short of sanding, restaining, and resealing probably not. Might be easier to paint it a color you like.
Cat Herder 11:47 AM 11-05-2018
I used a white bounty paper towel sprayed down with clorox cleanup for a Melissa and Doug "washable, no stain" red paint stain and it worked great. I let it sit a few minutes at a time, three or four cycles.

When I was done, and it dried 24 hours, the spot lacked a bit of shine, nothing major. I used hardwood mop-n-glow to minimize the difference in coating to make it easier to clean. It worked.

I also stopped buying Melissa and Doug paint.
Ariana 02:47 PM 11-05-2018
I would add a little bit of bleach as Cat Herder suggested and then heal the wood with oil. I get water marks on my wood coffee table all the time and oil repairs it. I use Method wood oil. The bleach is going to really hurt the wood so it may still be discoloured a bit but not as bad as red.
MyAngels 02:56 PM 11-05-2018
I got sharpie marker off of my antique oak dining table with one of those Mr. Clean Eraser things. It did dull the shine in that area but I just used a furniture restorer oil and that evened things out.
Hunni Bee 07:09 PM 11-05-2018
It's worse than I thought. There's actually pen writing that transferred from another piece of paper, the wood is warped and discolored... Clearly a large amount of something was spilled and then just left all weekend.

I'm so pissed. I'm going to try both of those. Thanks.
Tags:stain removal, wood floor
Reply Up