Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pampers - Am I The Only One Dealing With The New Pampers Busting Constantly?
Cat Herder 11:35 AM 05-04-2011
Am I the only one dealing with the new Pampers busting constantly??

I change very often because my parents would never tolerate diaper rash, it is a really big deal here. These are not fully saturated diapers by any means.

What I am seeing is that once my infants start running around the diapers are coming apart at the inner leg seams and the urine soaked gel pellets get everywhere!!!

This is becoming a daily occurrence here, now that most of my littles are walking.
Meyou 11:38 AM 05-04-2011
I haven't had that problem but I have had problems with the tabs ripping off the Pampers with the purple on them. I don't know what kind because mom just brings me a handful a couple of times a week.
PitterPatter 11:42 AM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I haven't had that problem but I have had problems with the tabs ripping off the Pampers with the purple on them. I don't know what kind because mom just brings me a handful a couple of times a week.
Me too!! Just the tabs! Happened 4 times in the last 2 days! I thought maybe a bad batch. It sucks because the diaper can't be used. Maybe I should break out the duct tape. These are pampers I think.
Meyou 11:44 AM 05-04-2011
The ones I'm having problems with have sesame street on them. SO annoying. I've pulled 3 off this week and several last week too.
daycare 11:47 AM 05-04-2011
ditto here too...the tabs fall off.

I went through 4 this morn just trying to chagne one diaper....Everytime i would get it under the child and pull the tab they would rip off..

whats the deal pampers
Christian Mother 12:45 PM 05-04-2011
I have the problem of the pull ups coming apart at the seams....It just makes me sooo mad bc my little guy if potty trained but I put him in a pull up at nap time and although he never pees. The darn thing rips...I could of used it for the next day!! Maybe we should all just call pampers customer support line or something to complain....I am sure they could really use advise on what mother's/providers are looking for as well as what problems could be fixed with there diapers and pull ups.
PitterPatter 12:56 PM 05-04-2011
The ones I'm having problems with have sesame street on them. SO annoying. I've pulled 3 off this week and several last week too.
Yep mine too Bert and Ernie
KEG123 12:57 PM 05-04-2011
Are these cruisers?? We use baby dry here and have no issues.
Missani 01:17 PM 05-04-2011
Yes, those are Pampers Cruisers. I also use baby dry since my DS had a severe allergic reaction to a formula change in Cruisers. I used to like them better, but I've gottone used to the Baby Dry and love them now. Complain...they cost a fortune and they will probably respond.
nannyde 01:28 PM 05-04-2011
Hmmm we just got a new box of them. I'll let you know.

Cathearder: do you remember drypers when they came in Small medium and large?

Those were the good ole diaper days
wdmmom 01:33 PM 05-04-2011
About once a month I have a tab come off a Pampers and a Huggies!

I've noticed more of a problem with Pampers and boys. Child pees out the legs soaking all the clothes and diaper is barely wet. I haven't had the busting out or pellets issue.

Yes, Nannyde, I remember Drypers. Can we get those back?! They were cheap and worked GREAT!!!
Lucy 02:26 PM 05-04-2011
OP: Pampers brand? I don't like those at all. Maybe ask them to switch to Huggies.

To the people who said the tabs come off -- yes, I've had that happen too. Not often, but it happens. If you call their 800 number and say it happened to several in one package, they will send you a voucher to get a new package!
Cat Herder 02:49 PM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by Joyce:
OP: Pampers brand? !
Yes, they are pampers with sesame street characters on them, Elmo right now. I am not sure what type of pampers they are, though.

I do remember drypers, they were great. My favorite was White Cloud, though.
GretasLittleFriends 03:03 PM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Yes, they are pampers with sesame street characters on them, Elmo right now. I am not sure what type of pampers they are, though.

I do remember drypers, they were great. My favorite was White Cloud, though.
Drypers and White Cloud were great! Parent's Choice (the ones Walmart sells now) aren't as good. Though they are significantly less per package, my daughter seems to need to be changed every half to 1 hour with them. Over night with them?? Forget it!

I haven't had too much issue with Pampers, but its been a month or so since I've used them. I'm cheap, I'd grab a piece of tape and use the diaper anyway...
DaycareMama 03:09 PM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by Missani:
Yes, those are Pampers Cruisers. I also use baby dry since my DS had a severe allergic reaction to a formula change in Cruisers. I used to like them better, but I've gottone used to the Baby Dry and love them now. Complain...they cost a fortune and they will probably respond.
My dd has a terrible reaction to the new pampers also. I either use the baby dry or I think that luvs are very comparable to pampers.

I have had a lot of tabs pulling off too.
Mrs.Ky 05:21 AM 05-05-2011
Maybe you should get your parents to try LUVS. I used them with all 3 of my children never had a leak ever not even at night not even if they had a tummy virus they are also cheaper then huggies and pampers and are not made cheaply like the target and walmart brand. I recommend LUVS to all my daycare parents threw out the years and some switched and loved the cost and the diapers.
MN Mom 06:22 AM 05-05-2011
When my DD 11 was born, LUVS still had the plastic outer barrier. I LOVED THEM. They began phasing them off the shelves when she was about 1 year or so. I was so sad when I couldn't find them for DD #2. I used LUVS for all my kids, though, because they were the best for leakage and overnight wear. Someone gave me Huggies and Pampers as a gift once, they sucked (and still do IMHO). I have tried recommending LUVS to the parents of all babies I have cared for, but so far they have all continued with Huggies or Pampers =(

I really miss old school diapers. The new ones cause nothing but rashes and extra laundry, lol.
nannyde 06:45 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by MN Mom:
WheI really miss old school diapers. The new ones cause nothing but rashes and extra laundry, lol.
Me too
You never know what kind of toxic dump waste they are using for the filler.

I have a TON of packages of diapers in my garage from the mid 2000's on. I bust them out now and then to show the parents the difference of diapers from five/six/seven years ago.

They all do this:

I even weighed some of them and measured them to see the progression of the sizing down. A size five diaper now was the size of a size 3 from ten years ago.
Meyou 07:02 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Me too
You never know what kind of toxic dump waste they are using for the filler.

I have a TON of packages of diapers in my garage from the mid 2000's on. I bust them out now and then to show the parents the difference of diapers from five/six/seven years ago.

They all do this:

I even weighed some of them and measured them to see the progression of the sizing down. A size five diaper now was the size of a size 3 from ten years ago.
I thought there was a huge different in the last 15 years or so but I thought it was just megetting confused with all the brands and choices.
nannyde 07:20 AM 05-05-2011
I thought there was a huge different in the last 15 years or so but I thought it was just megetting confused with all the brands and choices.
Nope

It's a marketing ploy
when they say new and improved it means cheaper materials, smaller, and more expensive.

It improves THEM

Just look at the difference in tab size. It's a third what it was ten years ago. They've also taken away the side material and changed it to stretchy non absorbant.

One thing they had going for them was parents loving the "my kid is SO big". They love that... specially with boys.

It's a bragging rights to have a newborn in size three diapers now. They think it's cool till they have to buy size four for a six month old. Then it's not so cool anymore.
dEHmom 07:22 AM 05-05-2011
when my kids were in diapers, if I bought a pack and more then 2 diapers exploded without being ridiculously full, didn't matter the brand, I would phone and complain. i received many coupons for free packages of diapers, especially walmart brand, they would give you 2 or 3 free packs for even 1 complaint. some companies started being sneaky though, like pampers and send you 5 coupons, $5 off, 3 off, 1 off 1 off 1 off, etc, so you'd have to buy at least 5 packs to use the "replacement" value, but you were still spending more money on them. I just chucked those coupons out, and switched brands.
nannyde 07:25 AM 05-05-2011
Diaper quality and size has bombed but the worst are pullups and overnight pullups.

They don't even resemble what was available when they first started making them.
Symphony 07:51 AM 05-05-2011
My own kids are in cloth, aside from the financial and environmental reasons, it really freaks me out to think of all the chemicals in diapers nowadays sitting on a child's genitals for basically 2-3 years straight. Ick.

We don't have any in pampers here anymore. When they first started the dry max, I had three in them and ALL THREE had chemical burns requiring medical treatment. Crazy how pampers paid my families for the diapers, the medical care, and for a ton of new non dry max diapers, but they still make them.

One of my families is using Costco brand (kirkland?) diapers now and I really like them. They seem to run pretty big though, if you get some you might want to go a size down
Meyou 08:01 AM 05-05-2011
One of my families uses Costco too and I like them. They don't get too saggy and they do seem sized bigger. I have a almost 2 year old in them but I occasionally use one of her diapers at nap for a 4 year old who has accidents while he's asleep. They fit just fine.
jen2651 08:55 AM 05-05-2011
For my daughter Huggies just work the best. They aren't the cheapest, but I tried the Great Value brand and it seemed the diaper just couldn't absorb anything. I have never had so many leaks! The main reason I use Huggies is 1. they seem to work better for her body shape, and 2. Huggies is always sending me coupons that are really good!

I enjoy reading other peoples thoughts on diapers though! Thanks much!
momma2girls 11:57 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by jen2651:
For my daughter Huggies just work the best. They aren't the cheapest, but I tried the Great Value brand and it seemed the diaper just couldn't absorb anything. I have never had so many leaks! The main reason I use Huggies is 1. they seem to work better for her body shape, and 2. Huggies is always sending me coupons that are really good!

I enjoy reading other peoples thoughts on diapers though! Thanks much!
I have bought Huggies for my own children, starting 20 some yrs. ago.
MamaBear 12:49 PM 05-05-2011
Yes! I've had the tabs break off lately too.

And regarding the diapers busting... The other day I try to throw a rolled up pee diaper in a trash across the room and it hit the wall instead and exploded!!! I'm talking nasty diaper crystals EVERYWHERE!!! UGH!!! It was so nasty! It took forever to clean it all up.

So just a little advice... Never toss a dirty Pamper! hahaha
Cat Herder 01:29 PM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
Yes! I've had the tabs break off lately too.

And regarding the diapers busting... The other day I try to throw a rolled up pee diaper in a trash across the room and it hit the wall instead and exploded!!! I'm talking nasty diaper crystals EVERYWHERE!!! UGH!!! It was so nasty! It took forever to clean it all up.

So just a little advice... Never toss a dirty Pamper! hahaha
I bet that is part of my problem. Being bumped.

My littles are climbing through tunnels, doing somersaults on the play mats and jumping onto a crib mattress (on the floor) from the climber steps. They love their obstacle course after naptime. :Sunny

They also are on teeter totters and foot to floor trikes often.

I just don't remember diapers being so fragile.... My program has not changed and I can just about guarantee the kids have not.

I am just so sick and tired of cleaning up "Pee Pellets"!!!
diane21 09:58 AM 07-23-2011
Pampers sometimes makes gift to grow codes available online when they are having promotions to get these coupons sign up for our feed and we will receive an email every time a new coupon or rewards code for pampers is released.There are a few ways to collect pampers reward codes first we can purchase pampers diapers, baby wipes and other products with unique codes. Collect these codes and enter them online to gain points, we can also get pampers reward codes online.

Pampers coupon |pampers wipes coupon
laundrymom 10:40 AM 07-23-2011
I agree with the bursting pampers, I truly don't think I am not changing enough, I find a leak and think, seriously,... How!? It's not very wet. I'm having trouble with the front panel wicking onto clothes for my belly sleepers when the diaper is nowhere near full. Like,.. 1/4 cup of wetness and only wet in the very front. It's almost like they don't spread moisture towards crotch area, just up by the picture band. Then I feel like it appears like I'm not changing often when I change 30-40 a day.
littlemissmuffet 10:06 PM 07-23-2011
The only brand of diaper I like is Kirkland! I also prefer their wipes to the other brands too!
Crazy8 04:19 PM 07-24-2011
you know, TWICE this week I had a dcb go thru his diaper so that those gel pellets were coming out. BOTH times it was the diaper (pampers) he came in from home and I couldn't figure out why since I was changing him only about 1.5-2 hours after he came in. I thought maybe he just pees a lot more in the morning or something. In all my years I've VERY RARELY had diapers explode like that. It seemed like they weren't sewn right or something. The Pampers pack I have here for him are not a problem at all. On Friday I told his mom to check that pack, I think they got some defective ones.
Kaddidle Care 06:42 PM 07-24-2011
Email them and send them a link to this thread! Keep the boxes if you have them so you can report the code on the box to them. Yikes! Pampers were always the best. That's terrible that so many people are having problems with them.
MG&Lsmom 07:34 AM 07-25-2011
that's horrid! And one more reason I'm glad we use cloth on my own kids. We do use Huggies overnights on my DS as he pees through every single cloth diaper at night and is allergic to wool (quite possibly the best night time diaper cover ever!). He needs a change at night still with these or it's rash city.

DH bought a box of Pampers by mistake and when I opened our closet where they are stored the smell almost knocked me over. I hate Pampers!
Tags:pampers
Reply Up