Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>HFM Disease
Unregistered 09:12 PM 07-11-2012
Son got HFM disease- started showing symptoms last Friday. Didn't know thats what it was until this week yeterday (Tuesday). Had a fever Fri evening, fever went up and down all weekend. By sunday afternoon it was gone. I didn't close for Monday. Monday am he woke up late, checked and there was the fever again. Along with the rash.......rash on his body, none on hands or feet. Took him in and the doc gave him antibiotics for pneumonia. Also did a chest x ray which I disagreed with but since daddy took him in daddy didn't argue with doc. Today he woke up with no fever but the obvious HFM disease feet and hands rash. Body rash is still present but not as bad.

So, wwyd? Am I wrong to not close? Doc never mentioned HFM disease at the apt. I understand HFM disease only shows signs in 50% of the people infected, and the signs show up 2-3 days post exposure and can last for up to 10 days. SO, everyone is already exposed. I think dcg gave it to him last week since she was the only one at daycare b/c of the holiday week. She had a rash on belly and behind her knees but it was over 100 all week so both mom and I assumed it was the heat. She had no other symptoms. Again, everyone is already exposed.

SO, WWYD? Tell everyone SOMEONE has HFM? Not even mention it? Wait to see if anyone else gets a fever/rash? I run a really small daycare, 2 families and me. So, its pretty obv when I say "someone has....." They all know who to blame.

Anyone know do you have to scrub toys liek crazy with HFM or is it mostly a contact thing?
Michael 09:14 PM 07-11-2012
Please consider registereing. Here are some other threads that may help: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=hfm
Tags:hfm
Reply Up