Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Where Children Grow

Default Interviewing Parents...

When they come and have an interview, what do you talk about? Do you have a list of questions? Do they have a list of questions?

If you do have a list of questions, mind posting them??
Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Most of the time I discuss most of my questions on the phone. I'm not going to waste my time or theirs if there doesn't seem to be a good match/fit.

Once they are here, I go over anything I feel is particularly important, plus my contract/handbook. Then I give them opportunity to discuss anything they want with me, concerns, questions, etc.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Daycare Member

I created a nice publication with all of the information about the dc. My lessons, hours, costs, rules, benefits and etc. I include some jargon about why home daycare is better than centers...lol sorry gotta get my costumers..

When they arrive I lead the tour. I start by showing them my license that is on the wall along with other required postings. I tell them what it took to get it...and allow them to ask any questions about licensing.

I then hand them my business card along with publication.

Next, I lead them to the restroom and tell them that I will teach the children good hygiene. Wash hands before each meal and etc. brush teeth after lunch and etc. again allow to ask questions.

I then take them to my living room and tell them that this is off limits and reasons why, we then make our way back to the DC room.

I give them a rundown of our day.....again allow them to ask any questions. I show them work that the kids do, I also have a scrap book with pics of the kids participating in lessons, dress-up, reading, cooking, and etc.

We end with talk about pricing, days off, and anything else that they may want to ask.
I thank them for their time and off they go with all of my information. I also get their email address and phone number again, just in case.

Later that night I email them a nice letter, thanking them for their time and letting them know that I am available for any questions they may have.

hope this helps.....You will get better the more you do..
I made my sister come over (she is a teacher and parent) we did mock tours/interviews
Old 01-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Child Care Provider

I'm really excited about having an in-home daycare, but when I actually sit and think about it, I better be great at interviewing (which I currently dread, don't know why) or else I will not be successful. I look forward to hearing more ideas. Once I get licensed, I will have to create a sheet explaining what I needed to do to get that license. LVT mentioned this above and I think it's a great idea. Not everyone searches through the referral agency and they're unaware of what being licensed means.