Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>H1n1
tinytotzdaycare 05:23 PM 10-24-2009
Anyone have any confirmed cases in their program or flu like symtoms??

I am in IOWA by the way Marion/CR Area
mac60 05:44 PM 10-24-2009
No not in my home, but confirmed cases in neighboring communities and local school system. I have heard they are not even testing for it anymore, because insurance companies are refusing to pay for the test and it cost $300. From what I understand they don't do anything "special" for it anyways, unless complications.
tinytotzdaycare 08:15 PM 10-24-2009
basically just keep the child comfortable....if fever higher than 104 or wheezing, not drinking then take to ER. Basically same for seasonal flu. My son is down with it right now as well as a few other d/c kiddos so we are closed this week. Parents were fine with it as most of them have older siblings that have it..all our older kiddos go to the same school and they are hit hard with it..

Just wanted to know how others are handling it
cuddlebuggz 07:46 PM 10-25-2009
We WILL Close our daycare if this hits us hard and parents are all for that, sometimes closing a daycare is best so everyone can get healthy and return the following week illness free. And of course, if we have to close payment WILL NOT be enforced during this time, I have financially prepared for this and so if it happens I wont be going crazy over the loss of income for that period.
Cantan 05:00 AM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by cuddlebuggz:
We WILL Close our daycare if this hits us hard and parents are all for that, sometimes closing a daycare is best so everyone can get healthy and return the following week illness free. And of course, if we have to close payment WILL NOT be enforced during this time, I have financially prepared for this and so if it happens I wont be going crazy over the loss of income for that period.
I agree... we will do the same.
cuddlebuggz 12:03 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by Cantan:
I agree... we will do the same.
Good Luck to everyone...stay healthy!
HandsOnLearning 12:13 PM 10-26-2009
we will close as well if needed
mac60 03:20 PM 10-26-2009
Not closing unless I absolutely have to. If your child is sick, keep them home.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 02:48 AM 11-02-2009
One of my moms just got confirmed with it last Friday. Now her daughter has it. It's going around my area and spreading fast. But there seems to be other viruses that are causing fevers as well...a lot of illnesses going around right now.
tymaboy 05:42 AM 11-02-2009
I closed a few weeks ago for 2 days. My son got the flu (not H1N1) but when he 1st came down with it we were not sure. I would much rather close, then to spread it to everyone.
jen 07:10 AM 11-02-2009
I had one go home last week with a fever. Pediatritian said it was H1N1, but since they are no longer testing that is at best and educated guess. He is doing well and coming back tomorrow.
mac60 07:43 AM 11-02-2009
I had a mom call last night, her 5 yr old had a high fever. So far, no one here has been sick when here, at least that I know of. From all the readinig and such, I really don't think it is much different than regular seasonal flu. They are not testing for it here either, I heard the test cost anywhere from $300 to $1000 and insurance companies are refusing to pay for it. Even if you get it, they don't do anything differently than regular flu. Supposedly our high school of approx 650 students had over 100 out last week.
judytrickett 10:19 AM 11-02-2009
I'm not stressing over it. If it happens, it happens. What are you going to do, ya' know? I'll stick to my sick policies as always. If you're sick you may not attend - period.
Tags:cold, fever, flu, h1n1, sick, swine flu, symtoms
Reply Up