Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Theme Ideas
Preschool/daycare teacher 04:53 PM 03-06-2012
I need some ideas for easy themes with plenty of actvities that are easy to find on line. I feel like I've run out of themes to do this year! I think I've done all the typical ones ... Farm, transportation, pets, Homes/houses, Nursery Rhymes, All About Me, 5 senses (included in all about me week), Nutrition, Community helpers, Fire Safety, Dental Health, etc. I need Ideas for any March-May themes, and which month to do those themes in.
Beach Baby 08:51 PM 03-06-2012
St. Patty's day of course for March, along with learning about the color green and possibly the number 4 for a four leaf clover? Perhaps you can teach a little about Ireland and maybe make an Irish meal or snack with them? Kites are another good one for this time of year depending on where you are. It is windy here in PA, perfect kite flying weather once it warms up a little!

April, Easter comes to mind. Spring also. You can do a plant/flowers theme and plant some flowers that will (hopefully!) sprout in time for Mother's day. Maybe even do that in March depending on how long it will take for flowers to bloom. You can have them paint little flower pots/cups for the flowers before they plant the seeds.

May-Also thinking about Spring and Summer here...maybe you can do a bug theme? Maybe feature The Very Hungry Caterpillar and the tons of activities that go with it along with talking about all sorts of other bugs.

Hope this helps!
Reply Up