Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Baby books
lovemykidstoo 06:23 PM 12-03-2012
I am invited to my cousin's baby shower on Saturday and instead of putting a card with the gift, they are requesting purchasing a baby book instead. I don't want to get a book that everyone else gets. There are some really popular ones out there. Does anyone have any favorites?
nothingwithoutjoy 06:49 PM 12-03-2012
Some of my most-favorite, most-popular-with-babies, least-popular-for-gifting ones are:
Peek-a-Who by Nina Laden
"Ring! Tick Tock" and "Snap! Snap! Buzz Buzz" by Rich Cowley
The Rooster Struts by Richard Scarry
"Rock-a-Bye Baby" or any other of the song books by Jeanette Winter
"Farm Animals," "Country Animals," "Pet Animals," or "Garden Animals" by Lucy Cousins
and "Baby Faces" and others in this series by Margaret Miller.

I love a book party. Have fun!
lovemykidstoo 06:55 PM 12-03-2012
Thank you so much. I have my fave's, but I don't know if they're everyone else's fave's too and she gets duplicates. This helps alot Isn't it a great idea to do a book instead of a card? Love it!
Blissful Kids 08:40 AM 12-04-2012
I went to a friend's shower that did the same thing. I got her my boy's favorite- "Fox and Socks" by Dr. Seuss. She got a good variety of books. Cute idea!
adoreachild 04:56 AM 12-05-2012
What sort of books you are planning to purchase a comic book or story books having values to learn or reading books ? I think it will be better if you will go for story books from which the kid can learn values and ethics and also can enjoy the stories. This will be helpful from both point of view. This can be work as comic book with story and also like study book can learn information.
Bugsworthy 04:53 PM 12-06-2012
I love you forever by Rbert Munsch. I still read it to my 9yo and 6 yo.
MarinaVanessa 05:48 PM 12-06-2012
Goodnight Moon

Or any board book by Eric Carle (cardboard so that the baby can read/play with them without damaging them)
*very hungry caterpillar
*Brown Bear
*The Grouchy Ladybug
*The Tiny Seed
etc.
Reply Up