Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If You Have An Appt. For An Observation....
Josiegirl 03:20 PM 05-10-2017
what do you like to have the kids doing when the observer comes? Someone is coming Tuesday and observe for 30 minutes, mainly noting my interactions with the kiddos, then we'll talk for 10 minutes about the observation. How would you keep a bunch of feisty little girls busy?
My thought is I'd set them up at the table with new playdough and some different things they could add to it. Not sure if it will keep them busy for 40 minutes though.
Any other ideas?
Cat Herder 04:03 PM 05-10-2017
Most likely, they are going to want to see you follow your normal daily schedule.
kendallina 07:13 PM 05-10-2017
Yeh, they'll probably want you to follow your normal schedule. But, if you want to plan something different, I'd do playdough with flower picks or birthday candles...especially since you have a lot of girls.
e.j. 07:14 PM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
what do you like to have the kids doing when the observer comes? Someone is coming Tuesday and observe for 30 minutes, mainly noting my interactions with the kiddos, then we'll talk for 10 minutes about the observation. How would you keep a bunch of feisty little girls busy?
My thought is I'd set them up at the table with new playdough and some different things they could add to it. Not sure if it will keep them busy for 40 minutes though.
Any other ideas?
The first time I had a surprise licensing visit, the kids happened to be playing with Playdough. They were so busy playing, I'm not sure they even knew the licensor was there! After that, any time I had a scheduled visit, I would bring out the Playdough. It worked well for me each time. The kids here will play with it for a good hour or two and they're super well behaved the entire time. It's my go-to activity any time I need the kids to be calm well behaved. Good luck on Tuesday!
AmyKidsCo 08:51 PM 05-10-2017
Playing outside! They're less likely to fight, any over-excitement isn't as noticeable outside, and they're more likely to keep what they're doing instead of mobbing the visitor.
Controlled Chaos 09:58 PM 05-10-2017
Yep, I would go with a sensory activity like play doh or outside. Great suggestions. Or new stickers. Bubbles. Something very engaging.
Josiegirl 02:35 AM 05-11-2017
They've told us to have an activity planned for them. This observation is a requirement for a 45 hr. class I'm taking. I wish it was for licensing; I fear my next visit from licensing will be a doozy(new regs.) and they always come unannounced.

Thanks all for the ideas! And the good luck wishes.
Cat Herder 05:00 AM 05-11-2017
Folder games, musical instruments and sensory bins are something they love to see.

http://www.preschoolprintables.com/f...lefolder.shtml
https://www.pinterest.com/melissaanddoug/sensory-bins/
Pepperth 05:35 AM 05-11-2017
My first thought was playdough, cookie cutters, and fun stuff like that.
ColorfulSunburst 11:22 AM 05-11-2017
I wouldn't do anything special.
When an inspector comes we just continue our day as it was planed.
Josiegirl 04:25 AM 05-17-2017
Phew, one more thing to mark off done.
It went pretty well I think. Although this teacher never seems to find anything negative to say about anyone or anything.
The dcks were good, but I was exhausted having been up since 3:30 a.m., and the baby was a bit fussy. But she loved my space and loved what I offer so I guess I passed?

So just one more 6 hr. class this Saturday, including a final presentation, and I'm done with that part of everything required. Now to get 2 more 2-3 hr. classes done and I'll be good to go for the summer. Maybe I can play catch-up with yard work and upgrading my backyard then.
Tags:qris
Reply Up