Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>exersaucers
sharlan 01:57 PM 03-25-2014
I love them, I know that others don't, but that's ok.

I remember reading here awhile back that they're now legal in CA as the regulations changed. I cannot get a concrete answer from my analyst or the lady he suggested I get ahold of.

Anyone have anymore info on this?
MarinaVanessa 02:03 PM 03-25-2014
I'm in CA and I haven't heard about this. Where did you hear it?

I'd be excited for a Jumperoo which is basically the same thing except the child gets more leg exercise, here's to hoping. I'm not against these types of things as long as it's used in moderation.
Cradle2crayons 02:07 PM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
I'm in CA and I haven't heard about this. Where did you hear it?

I'd be excited for a Jumperoo which is basically the same thing except the child gets more leg exercise, here's to hoping. I'm not against these types of things as long as it's used in moderation.
My 9 month old dcb LOVES LOVES his jumparoo. He has an exersaucer at his house he hates and refuses to use lol. He shakes the whole house bouncing in that jumparoo though !!!
TwinKristi 02:24 PM 03-25-2014
It's so weird because we had one at my old work which while wasn't a licensed daycare (gym daycare) but we still had to follow ratios, laws regarding childcare, Trustline, CPR, etc. but they had a Jumperoo and exersaucer.

I don't have any young infants now but I really liked exersaucers and jumperoos!
KBCsMommy 04:49 PM 03-25-2014
Hey ladies!! I was the one who had brought this up over the summer. Initially, my licensor said yes they were allowed. I asked him where I could find the information and he told me he had only heard it from the higher ups. I then emailed him asking if he would email like permission to use the items in my daycare and I never heard back from him.

Last month I had an unannounced licensing visit (I passed!) and I had asked my NEW licensor about it and he said the same thing. That exersaucers were allowed and eventually they would update paperwork for providers.

It seems like a secret!! Only some providers know about this!!

Exersaucers and freestanding johny jumpers ARE ALLOWED IN CALIFORNIA
Starburst 04:53 PM 03-25-2014
I haven't heard about it, I remember not too long ago (about a year or 2) my former boss got written up during an inspection because there was one outside (not even being used) that the parents brought for their child to use at the daycare.
mom2many 05:35 PM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by KBCsMommy:
Hey ladies!! I was the one who had brought this up over the summer. Initially, my licensor said yes they were allowed. I asked him where I could find the information and he told me he had only heard it from the higher ups. I then emailed him asking if he would email like permission to use the items in my daycare and I never heard back from him.

Last month I had an unannounced licensing visit (I passed!) and I had asked my NEW licensor about it and he said the same thing. That exersaucers were allowed and eventually they would update paperwork for providers.

Hmmmm.... Very interesting. I'm on another private fb group for Ca providers and this topic was widely discussed today. No one on there had heard about this at all. We'd all been told ONLY swings!

Because each county and every analyst seem to interpret things differently in CA, I'd never want to have one until I saw it in writing! I've been cited before for having a seat that the previous analyst had approved.
Cynthia 05:42 PM 03-25-2014

KBCsMommy 05:51 PM 03-25-2014

Sorry!! I may have been too exuberant over this!!

Please check with your licensor first before using exersaucers. In my county they have deemed them okay to use.
mom2many 06:19 PM 03-25-2014
Sorry!! I may have been too exuberant over this!!

Please check with your licensor first before using exersaucers. In my county they have deemed them okay to use.
Please update us when you see it in writing! I try to check the quarterly updates and haven't seen anything on the website yet. Maybe when they do the spring 2014 something will be in there!
Tags:confinement, excersaucer
Reply Up