Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Home Based Childcare Preschool Curriculum
ChildcareIsMyPassion 08:45 PM 05-30-2020
Hey everyone! I will be doing a small home based daycare and am looking to offer preschool activities for the preschool aged kiddos (ages 3-5). Can anyone suggest a Preschool Curriculum or have any suggestions to help with this? I have a degree in Early Childhood Education, but I am hoping to broaden my knowledge Thank you all so much!
Former Teacher 09:06 PM 05-30-2020
Originally Posted by ChildcareIsMyPassion:
Hey everyone! I will be doing a small home based daycare and am looking to offer preschool activities for the preschool aged kiddos (ages 3-5). Can anyone suggest a Preschool Curriculum or have any suggestions to help with this? I have a degree in Early Childhood Education, but I am hoping to broaden my knowledge Thank you all so much!
To be honest, while I haven't really looked into a paid curriculum in YEARS, you can get alot of good ideas etc via Pinterest and even online and it's all free
ChildcareIsMyPassion 07:13 PM 06-03-2020
Thank you for the suggestion!!
Cat Herder 08:27 AM 06-04-2020
I used Funshine for years. Pricey but a great way to kick start. They have an online version, too.
rosieteddy 08:47 AM 06-04-2020
I used Carols Affordable Curriculum for years.It was helpful to have all the supplies show up monthly.I didn't always follow the curriculum ,but it was a great building block.Parents were happy with it.
Mariposa 02:17 PM 08-03-2020
What I do is look at seasons, holidays, and wacky holidays. Can I make a fun and educational week on the topic? Then I gather the subtopics so I can touch on a variety of things.
I balance the type of activity and blend topics together-like today we did rocketship shakers-you got the art aspect plus music. We accompanied it with a quick world music video on percussions.

July is National Ice Cream Month-we made Ice Cream week educational. I shaved ivory soap, added a few drips of warm water, and they mixed it and I put colors of their choice in it. Science, art, and sensory. We wrapped it over a styrofoam ball and I hot glued it to a cone. They then used fine motor skills to put colored rice on the top of their cone.
We did 2 impromptu activities-took a chunk of regular soap and ivory and we predicted (and put it on a graph) if it would sink or float (science and math) and we took some soap and put it in the microwave and watched it expand. We predicted results (more science skills).
We made ice cream, naturally- cooking is math & science.

$ Tree sells ice cream bubbles-after we used them outaide they were put into dress up.
We made cloud dough and used the colored rice for an ice cream parlor.

I could have bought ice cream scoops as well but did not. Lots more but I can't think of it now.
Tags:curriculum - hiscope, educare, funshine, high scope, mother goose time, rie
Reply Up