Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Candy for Breakfast
Boymom 10:51 AM 04-13-2016
Dcb was eating candy when he walked in this morning! Really?! I didn't even know what to say to dcm, but I am pretty sure my face said it all ha!
Josiegirl 02:44 PM 04-13-2016
Breakfast of champions, right??
Mine have walked in eating gummies, graham crackers, cookies, oh yeh, fun stuff. And we wonder why they won't eat good healthy meals.
Ariana 03:18 PM 04-13-2016
Awesome

I have a child that comes every day for lunch and dad spends about 10 minutes in my driveway cleaning her up before she comes in because he feeds her Goldfish the entire time. Surprise she doesn't eat the nutritious lunch I prepared. Fun times.
Mandy 05:06 PM 04-13-2016
From personal experience, candy as a "meal" definitely does not count .

As for the kid, if he comes in with candy again, just switch it out with "super" candy (Celery sticks and peanut butter) . If the dcm tries to give you an issue about it, just tell her that her kid can eat all the candy he wants after she picks him up from daycare .
Josiegirl 02:28 AM 04-14-2016
Originally Posted by Mandy:

As for the kid, if he comes in with candy again, just switch it out with "super" candy (Celery sticks and peanut butter) . If the dcm tries to give you an issue about it, just tell her that her kid can eat all the candy he wants after she picks him up from daycare .
Yes because last thing we need is a dck first thing in the morning on a sugar high.
Boymom 07:35 AM 04-14-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Breakfast of champions, right??
Mine have walked in eating gummies, graham crackers, cookies, oh yeh, fun stuff. And we wonder why they won't eat good healthy meals.
Exactly lol! And this is the kid that of course won't even touch fruit or veggies and he tells me he eats sugar all the time at his house. I believe him!!
Boymom 07:38 AM 04-14-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Awesome

I have a child that comes every day for lunch and dad spends about 10 minutes in my driveway cleaning her up before she comes in because he feeds her Goldfish the entire time. Surprise she doesn't eat the nutritious lunch I prepared. Fun times.
Goldfish are so nasty! Tastes like drywall haha! Or that's how I picture drywall tasting!
Boymom 07:42 AM 04-14-2016
Originally Posted by Mandy:

I totally almost sent candy home with him yesterday haha! :-)
Boymom 07:42 AM 04-14-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Yes because last thing we need is a dck first thing in the morning on a sugar high.
Exactly! And this kid is hyper enough as it is!!!
nannyde 12:14 PM 04-14-2016
https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/candy-for-breakfast.htm
Tags:breakfast, breakfast - candy, candy, the dynamic of bad behavior
Reply Up