Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Nap Issue! Arghhhh!
cheerfuldom 06:51 PM 10-04-2011
Why are all my good nappers getting so weird lately??? This time it is my oldest DC kid. A two year old that stopped taking a morning nap at least 6 months ago. The last two weeks she has come in exhausted. She gets here at 9 and is constantly trying to curl up in a corner, anywhere, to go to sleep! If I let her sleep at all before noon, she does not do the noon to 3 nap time. She will wake up, babble loudly and rock back and forth for the whole nap time (shes the excessive rocker I posted about not too long ago). The kids are getting used to sleeping thru her noise but I hate to have her in her pack n play doing nothing....still, I do want her to be the only one up when it is nap time for everyone else. Today I actually had to put her in a booster seat just to force her upright and awake! not a long term solution by any means but I just don't know what else to do with her. She has always been super low energy, very poor diet. She is down to a small amount of carbs per day here. She won't eat the snacks I provide, drinks maybe half a sippy of milk all day and then eats a tiny bit of the lunch mom provides, like maybe half a slice of bread from her sandwich, nothing else. Thats got to be a part of the problem. I talk to her mom about it but instead of trying to figure out what is going on, mom will just put her to bed at like 6:30pm! and she still wants to sleep more here! any advice?
MN Mom 04:54 AM 10-05-2011
I'd say she's growing, as my son slept an excessive amt whenever he had a spurt...however her not eating would lead me to believe otherwise. Perhaps she's not getting enough iron in her diet. Have you considered getting some generic pediasure and giving that to her in the mornings when she arrives? If it works make a recommendation to mom that she needs it for the energy boost in the a.m. until this phase passes and have mom provide enough for 1 every morning that she is in your care.
Cat Herder 05:43 AM 10-05-2011
Have you considered adding a couple pediasure a day to rule out malnutrition?

If you do that for a couple weeks, with no change, then maybe the next step would be to ask mom to have a CBC run and a glucose challenge by a doctor to rule out anemia, diabetes, or thyroid disorders?
cheerfuldom 01:18 PM 10-05-2011
I think I am going to talk to her today about the low energy/malnutrition. I am really getting worried about the non-eating she has been doing. Maybe some pediasures would help.
Tags:2 year old, nap issues, tired kids
Reply Up