Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stress and Poop?
TXhomedaycare 07:52 AM 10-05-2016
I have a new 20 month old dcb that has never been in daycare before and has cried all day the first 2 days but yesterday he pooped 3 times like diarrhea and has started doing the same thing today. Has pooped 2 times like diarrhea and only been here 2 hours, He hasn't really eaten much here so I don't think it is the food. I talked to parents and he did not poop at home (I believe them). He has never been away from his parents at all and is not acting sick but seems very stressed from being here 11 hours a day. Is he pooping because of the stress or should I send him home not matter what. I hold him when I can or when he let's me but I have 5 other kids so that is not much. Help it is only day 3 so between the crying and poop we are all stressed
childcaremom 08:52 AM 10-05-2016
I send home for symptoms. So if it is diarrhea, regardless of the cause, I send home.

I had one little one, who was about the same age, who had never been away from mom and cried all.the.time. At the end of day 2, I told dcm that I felt it wasn't going to work and that dcg was completely stressed out. I recommended a nanny or dcm stay home. She has tried daycare a few times since then elsewhere and never lasted anywhere.

So no advice but I do empathize with the hard transitions.
laundrymom 09:06 AM 10-05-2016
...... I think I just figured out why I never went to daycare as a child. I'm almost famous for this kind of thing. ...... lol
TXhomedaycare 09:13 AM 10-05-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I send home for symptoms. So if it is diarrhea, regardless of the cause, I send home.

I had one little one, who was about the same age, who had never been away from mom and cried all.the.time. At the end of day 2, I told dcm that I felt it wasn't going to work and that dcg was completely stressed out. I recommended a nanny or dcm stay home. She has tried daycare a few times since then elsewhere and never lasted anywhere.

So no advice but I do empathize with the hard transitions.
Thanks. The only reason I am wondering what is causing it is because if I send him home for 24 hours I will have to start all over again with the crying and he will be stressed again repeating the cycle...in which I guess I should assume he is not ready for care.
Unregistered 09:17 AM 10-05-2016
This may very well be the cause of it. When I'm stressed or nervous about something the same thing happens to me.
LostMyMarbles 09:51 AM 10-05-2016
I would send home and require a note from the dr upon return. It is not up to the parent or provider to diagnose anyone. The child is could be ill.
Controlled Chaos 12:12 PM 10-05-2016
I have a new one who cries just occasionally and it still stresses me out lol I can't imagine all day, I mean I did it with a dcg two years ago but don't like to remember

I would send home.
bubblegum 10:53 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This may very well be the cause of it. When I'm stressed or nervous about something the same thing happens to me.
Me too.
Is it loose stool or diarrhea? Diarrhea has a distinct smell
Tags:poop, stress
Reply Up