Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rate Help
Bella99 08:37 PM 04-20-2012
I see some people break up the rates with Infants and Toddlers/Preschool age. Infants costing more. Has anyone thought about (or have an opinion on) it being gauged on toilette trained. So instead of infant/toddler it be In Diapers / Diaper Trained?

I'm probably just over thinking it all..
familyschoolcare 08:58 PM 04-20-2012
I do that.

However, I specialize in school aged and would rather not have an unpotty trained child even if it is a sibling. Therfore, my unpotty trained rate is high compared to the infant rate for the area let alone a 3 year old.
MNMum 09:19 PM 04-20-2012
I have a 0-2 yrs rate, a rate until potty trained (less than 1 accident per week) and a preschool rate. I provide diapers/wipes...and PT is a huge time commitment, often more than diapering is...
Abigail 08:20 AM 04-21-2012
I have a 0-2 year old rate. When they turn 2 the rate goes to the average rate in the area and stays that way until they leave. It only drops down one time while in my care which is age 2. I do offer half day rates and 1-5 days a week rates so most people pay something different. I like it this way. I would urge not to charge based on potty trained or not because sometimes parents push their kids to be potty trained when they're clearly not ready. You'll run into issues if the child has special needs too and you're not allowed to treat them differently than a typical child or charge more because of their needs. Also, who wants to deal with the "your child is potty trained this week so you own X instead of XX" then one week later "your child has had X accidents so I need to raise your rate again for a few weeks until they're fully potty trained again" and just go back and forth. I can understand the occasional parent who doesn't want to potty train and their child is 4 and fully capable of it. Fine then figure out something that works.

All my rates have a valid and legal reason why they are more or less and I'm very happy with how I set it up.
Tags:rates
Reply Up