Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Table Cover
Mariposa 08:28 PM 07-08-2020
We bought a new dining table a few months back, before knowing we would have a childcare.
Not wanting to damage it, I bought a vinyl cover. Well-it did the job, but it kept moving, looked bulky, and even got a tear on day one.

So I started looking for a better system. Found this on Amazon and so far really like it. It comes in many sizes, and for us did not smell unless you put your nose right on it, and it did not shrink, and was not wrinkled or rolled, like some reviews said.

It does sort of cling but not super well so we used heavy clear tape (gorilla tape 15 lb) on it on 2 sides. Enough to keep it in place, but unsure if it will leave marks (goo gone) and allows to put things under it.

As you can see, under I put construction paper in that pattern (I taped the pieces on the under side).

Also plan to do white paper or coloring sheets under or a plain face and let them color if dry erase works. And I can put artwork and pics under.

I can swap out colors based off season or holiday
Then the paper can be used for a group "quilt" project.

The pic makes it look like saran wrap with the reflections but it does not look like that really. And our corners set over the corner proofing fine.

So far happy with it-an idea if you need it.
Attached: IMG_20200706_153336.jpg (3.74 MB) Screenshot_20200708-201542.png (856.9 KB) 
Mariposa 08:38 PM 07-08-2020
This forum acts way differently than any I have done.

I posted, made some fat finger typos, edited. It made a new post sans picture. I opened up the new one to edit stating double posting, and hit save. It did not save but took me to the other original post.
Happened a 2nd time, and no reply or editing.
Uhhh bare with me please! I swear I am not that stupid 😂
Michael 09:34 PM 07-08-2020
Tell me what you need changed. It looks like your original post is still there but you started a new thread with the fixed typos in this one?
Michael 09:38 PM 07-08-2020
Here are some more threads on table covers: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=table+cover
Mariposa 10:24 PM 07-09-2020
Super strange. I'm now on the computer and it is showing the thread in replies, as if I did not hit edit, in addition to a double post for all of it.

Ideally, the response where it looks like I just copied/pasted my original (Yet I did not; I had hit 'edit'), is what I would like as that has the typos removed--but without the "edit" question, and with the images originally attached.
Cat Herder 05:17 AM 07-10-2020
The two threads were merged instead of having two different threads, on the same topic, on the same day.
Tags:table cover
Reply Up