Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Annual Inspections
Unregistered 08:21 AM 01-12-2021
What do your inspectors look at while doing an inspection?

We got an email informing us that inspections will take longer this year due to them needing to inspect every room including the attic to get a schematic of our homes.

So we no longer have rights to privacy in our own homes because we run a business in it?

I sure can’t leave my children unattended while I take the inspector to see all the non daycare areas and I also don’t want her in non daycare areas without me present. Not sure how that’s going to work.

Does your inspector check non daycare areas?
Cat Herder 08:33 AM 01-12-2021
There is no privacy during daycare hours. It is part of the deal.

Mine even looks in my bedroom/bathroom. They don't open drawers in the bedrooms not used for daycare, though. They do look in all closets. They go in all my barns and sheds.

They open all cabinets and drawers in rooms used for daycare. They are looking to make sure there are no toxic chemicals within reach of children. They are also looking for hidden kids since so many have been caught that way. Especially recently when so many are left without childcare.
Gemma 09:16 AM 01-12-2021
during an inspection I keep tending to the kids as always.
I don't think my inspector looks at rooms not approved for daycare, but I do my thing while she's doing hers, so maybe
Cat Herder 10:29 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Gemma:
during an inspection I keep tending to the kids as always.
I don't think my inspector looks at rooms not approved for daycare, but I do my thing while she's doing hers, so maybe
I stay with the kids, too, but my DH also works from home on the far side of the house. He opens doors for her and answers any questions. His personal office and tool shed included.
Annalee 10:30 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I stay with the kids, too, but my DH also works from home on the far side of the house. He opens doors for her and answers any questions. His personal office and tool shed included.
Cause that shed is where you hide all those extra mean kids
CountryRoads 10:41 AM 01-12-2021
My inspector only inspects my daycare area. Thankfully, my daycare is on a different floor than our personal, living space. I have a knob cover on our laundry room because it's off limits, but I still think he peeks in there.
Cat Herder 10:49 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Cause that shed is where you hide all those extra mean kids
Nah, that's the work house... Big kids gotta earn their keep 'round here.
284878 06:46 AM 01-13-2021
Normally my inspector check dc space only but my current one had to look in my room this time. They always check my pantry room at the bottom of the stairs where the furnace and water heater are but only glance at the rest of my basement, then off to the playground. Never have they ever looked in a shed or garage or attic, not even during foster care years when they expect the whole house yearly.
Cat Herder 07:40 AM 01-13-2021
Since COVID the inspections have been virtual. I am not sure how much longer they can continue to do that since the number of over ratio, abuse and neglect reports are skyrocketing.

They are getting the same pay, yet are doing 1/4 of their job.
Tags:annual inspection, inspection - first, inspection - random, inspections
Reply Up