Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>2-3 Yr Old Curriculum
kcnjason 01:13 PM 09-01-2011
I'm looking for ideas for my daycare kids for curriculum. I have 2-3 year olds and their attention span is very short compared the the older group that I did have. I found 2 sites, preschoolpalace and adaycare and Im not sure which one would fit better with that age. does anybody have opinions on either of those curriculum sites? I know that age can't handle a lot at one time, but I would like something organized so Im basically ready for the day. Im also looking for ideas when we are not doing "preschool" type activities what ideas others have for fun. They seem to have a harder time using their imagination at this age, at least my group. What simple games/activities do you do that keeps them busy??? Especially now that we are getting colder in Montana and they don't like to be outside as often or as long.
daycare 01:51 PM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by kcnjason:
I'm looking for ideas for my daycare kids for curriculum. I havve 2-3 year olds and their attention span is very short compared the the older group that I did have. I found 2 sites, preschoolpalace and adaycare and Im not sure which one would fit better with that age. does anybody have opinions on either of those curriculum sites? I know that age can't handle a lot at one time, but I would like something organized so Im basically ready for the day. Im also looking for ideas when we are not doing "preschool" type activities what ideas others have for fun. They seem to have a harder time using their imagination at this age, at least my group. What simple games/activities do you do that keeps them busy??? Especially now that we are getting colder in Montana and they don't like to be outside as often or as long.
Not too sure how big your area is, but have you tired centers?

My day starts off:

Music with song and dance
Read a book related to song and dance topic
Sing a song again and move to the music
Read a book again

Calendar and weather

discussion time

zoo phonics

then we have centers:
depending on the number of kids I set up at least 4 centers

example Center:

play dough , provide lots tools with the dough this one can be done without you at the table

Math- lots of foam cubes with buckets, number the buckets have the child place the foam cubes in the correct number bucket, you will have to sit at this one and help them

Block Center- wood blocks, legos, whatever you have

Dramatic Play- relate it to your topic, set it up and let them lead.

How I do this, is after circle time I release one child at a time to the table in song.

when we sing the childs name they get to go to a center. Then when all of the children are at a table I tell them that they can stay at that table until the bell goes off.

I set the timer for 7 min. When it goes off they have to find a different table to go to. We do this for about 30 min or until I see them lose interest.

I try to make sure that no one is hogging the tables and items.

Rules:
no fighting or you have to leave the table
DOn't take items from one table to another
every body gets turns

NOW- sometimes I will have a child who will stay at the lego center the whole time and that is fine. Let them decide what they like and want to do. You will be surprised that sometimes they can go at these center for an hour or more...

Hope this helps some... change it up and keep it simple
Tags:curriculum - toddlers
Reply Up