Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Great Parents
dingledine 11:14 PM 11-27-2013
I really love the parents that I have. Today one texted me to say that she was off even earlier than expected, but about 45 minutes. I told her to hold off, enjoy herself at the Starbucks up the street, and I would text her when her kids woke up, as they were knocked out sleeping. She said that was great, and offered to buy me a coffee, her treat. I said sure, and ordered a tall mocha. When her kids started waking, I texted her, and she arrived shortly thereafter, hot mocha in hand. It was great.

Fifteen minutes later, my other parent came by for his child, he was there, unexpectedly, about 1.5 hours early. I was done with work at 3:15 today! I was able to get my kids stuff, and mine, then head out of town a couple of hours early. It was awesome. I'm grateful for what I have.
Laurel 06:35 AM 11-28-2013
Originally Posted by dingledine:
I really love the parents that I have. Today one texted me to say that she was off even earlier than expected, but about 45 minutes. I told her to hold off, enjoy herself at the Starbucks up the street, and I would text her when her kids woke up, as they were knocked out sleeping. She said that was great, and offered to buy me a coffee, her treat. I said sure, and ordered a tall mocha. When her kids started waking, I texted her, and she arrived shortly thereafter, hot mocha in hand. It was great.

Fifteen minutes later, my other parent came by for his child, he was there, unexpectedly, about 1.5 hours early. I was done with work at 3:15 today! I was able to get my kids stuff, and mine, then head out of town a couple of hours early. It was awesome. I'm grateful for what I have.
It's so nice isn't it?

I only watch 3 children. Two were picked up at 3:30 so I only had one till closing. But the closing mom is sooo nice. It was because of her that I am taking my first cruise leaving Monday. We never go anywhere on vacation and she came in all bubbly one day and asked me if I was excited about my vacation next week and where was I going? Up until then, I had never thought about going anywhere. So I thought "Wow, I haven't gone on a real trip in a long time. Just things around here." So I thanked her for giving me the idea. All 3 of my parents made it a point to say that I really deserved it. That just felt so good to know I was appreciated.

Laurel
cheerfuldom 04:10 PM 11-28-2013
you both watched kids on Thanksgiving?
littlemissmuffet 06:33 PM 11-28-2013
Originally Posted by dingledine:

That's great! I only have three families right now and they are all amazing - I am super thankful too!

I never open on holidays even though my parents sometimes work - so I'm sure your parents were thankful for you staying open so they could work!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend!
Laurel 05:46 AM 11-29-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
you both watched kids on Thanksgiving?
No, I was talking about Wednesday. Some employers let their employees off early.

Laurel
Maria2013 05:50 AM 11-29-2013
I'm so glad when I read others have it as good as I do, when it comes to the parents they work for, I'd hate to be the only one bragging
Scout 05:54 AM 11-29-2013
I got a "Happy Thanksgiving! We love you guys!" text from a mom today! Made my morning!
Maria2013 05:58 AM 11-29-2013
yay
we should have more threads like this one, give hope to those that are struggling with not so appreciative families
KidGrind 10:18 AM 11-30-2013
Love this post!
thetoddlerwhisper 10:00 AM 12-02-2013
i love a couple of my parents for that kind of thing but then i have the jerky ones with sweet kids....
Myesh411 07:33 PM 12-02-2013
I love my daycare parents! I have 6 families whom I am blessed to work with, they go above and beyond for me because I do the same for them and their children. We even have moms nights out every few months.

I have had my fair share of not so great families to work with and it feels so good to finally have a group of parents who are now like extended family members.

Had to brag They are AWESOME!
Maria2013 06:21 AM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by Myesh411:

I have had my fair share of not so great families to work with
I sure did too!
things for me changed when I stopped filling spots with the first family that came along, and got choosy.... now when I have an opening and I interview a family, I'm extremely direct in explaining what will and wont work for "me" , rather than worrying what may work for them
I know on my part I do a great job so I'm only open to families that will do their fair share, I make this "very" clear right from the start. I keep things simple, I don't have many rules, but the rules that I have are none negotiable and "must" be followed

every since I shifted my focus from the parents needs/wants, to my own, I lost all the stress, the kids are more relaxed and even my family felt the difference.....and for some reason I fill spots faster than when I was open to take anyone
Tags:great parents
Reply Up