Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OT-But need yall's opinion!
frugalmama4 04:34 PM 03-26-2014
Ok, First let me say HELLO...I haven't been on the forum in a while...miss u guys

Ok anywhoo-

My current dilemma (I love having GOOD problems).

My hubby has agreed to a cleaning lady/person/company. I interviewed two today...one is a major company (marry maids) the other a young women whose starting up her own business (which makes my heart smile).

Marry Maids-flexible schedule (Saturday appts), professional, insured/bonded reasonable priced, bio-cleaners

Young Women-Very sweet and cheap! Mon-Fri only, only worker, all natural based cleaners (she makes her own)....working on insurance

Which would you go with???
daycare 04:40 PM 03-26-2014
Nice to see you again...it's been some time

are they both licensed?
NoMoreJuice! 05:00 PM 03-26-2014
I would go with #2! Your heart smiled, and there's no better feeling than helping a new business owner start up her dream!

PS: Your hubby rocks! Sounds like he knows the secret to a happy marriage!
Roxy1 05:03 PM 03-26-2014
Small businesses help each other and that is what makes a community!
daycare 05:05 PM 03-26-2014
but if she is not licensed, then you can't claim it.... I made that mistake a few years back when I hired a cleaning person....
frugalmama4 05:55 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
Nice to see you again...it's been some time

are they both licensed?
She's working on getting bonded...stated will be done by next month. She was very professional and had her contract all set-up and ready to-go...so cute...reminds me of when I got started with the DC.

But the other company is a Big time company "marry maids" and is bonded already.
frugalmama4 05:56 PM 03-26-2014
I think I will give the "young lady" a shot first...love small business owners

Thanks yall!
TwinKristi 06:03 PM 03-26-2014
I like your choice! You can always change if it doesn't work out. I paid someone to come on Sat mornings every other week for a few months until I lost 2/3 of my income in 3mos and couldn't justify it anymore. It was actually my dh's idea. He said if I got another client it would be worth it and the next week I got another one! I wasn't keen on a big company because you never know who's coming in your home and such. Plus there has to be more overhead with a company like that and you don't know where your money's going. They could be paid min wage ya know? I worked at a high end gym where people paid hundreds every month and I got min wage to care for their children. People figured we must make a lot since their costs are so high but NO! Big business means more payroll, expenses, salaries, executives... It's like choosing a home daycare over a big national daycare center!
Mister Sir Husband 06:23 PM 03-26-2014
My first thought was #2 as well.. bottom line, if the house is clean, its clean.. why pay more for the same result.
caregiver 07:27 PM 03-26-2014
I have recently hired a cleaning person also. With doing daycare, I have no time to really do the cleaning like I would like or really need to do, so my husband also said I could hire someone to come in and clean. I am in my 50's, so by the time my day ends with the kids, I am exhausted and don't feel like doing housework at night, I usually just crash after dinner on the couch. My own kids are all grown and out of the house, so luckily I don't have to pick up after them like I used to years ago,which helps at night.

I interviewed many cleaning lady's, big company ones and ones that did it part time just to get extra cash. After talking to all of them, I decided to go with a company rather then someone who does it by themselves. My reason is that the ones that do it by themselves seemed to not clean all the things that I needed to be cleaned or wanted them to clean,they just mostly just did dusting and vacuuming. I was looking for someone who did a little more then that, which the company I choose does. I am paying maybe a little bit more, but what they do really is helping me so much and are cleaning things that I have not been able to clean in a long time as I have had so little time with doing daycare and have had to let a few things go for awhile before I could get to them. The larger companies also have cleaning products that really do clean better then ones that operate by themselves and they are safe products also,so I feel like I am getting a really clean home when they are done.

I get the same cleaning person every time, so she knows what I like done and she does a really good job,really happy with the cleaning she does.

So it all depends on what you want or need done. I just need more then just a dusting and vacuuming cleaning done. I really appreciate being able to have someone come in and clean for me, it is so nice and helps me out so much.
jenboo 07:37 AM 03-27-2014
I would go with the one lady starting her own business!
I used to clean houses to order to supplement my income. I always would ask the person/family what exactly they wanted cleaned and how often (baseboards, outside of windows, fridge shelves, etc).
As long as the lady knows how to clean well and you both communicate well with each other, then I don't think a company would do any better. I also preferred when the family made their own list of things for me to clean. Each family is different...some want you to do more of the deep cleaning and others want more of the everyday type stuff.
Reply Up