Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Sanitize Everytime
morgan24 05:51 AM 09-13-2011
I just started twins that are 2. The girl is potty trained. Normally I don't use a potty chair or seat, but she is so tiny she needs the seat in order to use the bathroom by herself. MI licensing rules say I have to sanitize it with bleach water every time she uses it. She is the only one who uses it. It is such a waste of my time to do it every time. I would do it at the end of the each day if allowed but it's not. It's the same with my diaper changing area, the pad has to be sanitized each time. MI keeps adding rules that are so time consuming. My vent is over now and I feel better.
wdmmom 06:04 AM 09-13-2011
Do they allow you to use Clorox wipes? What about Chlorox clean-up or Chlorox Anywhere? If you are suppose to be watching children, when do they expect you to do this time after time day after day?! It's a lot safer to do it with a a wipe or spray than it is to tote around a bucket of bleach water all day!
godiva83 06:07 AM 09-13-2011
Can you mix the bleach solution in a spray bottle? I use a spray bottle of 1 part bleach to 100 parts water 1:100
And it is fast, easy, and passes ministry
sharlan 06:10 AM 09-13-2011
Can you sit it in the bathtub and give it a quick spritz?
mismatchedsocks 06:19 AM 09-13-2011
I use a bleach solution on changing table and toilet. It hangs way up in bathroom, and while they are washing their hands I clean up. Its time consuming, and annoying, but I am ok to do it. I like the wipes idea but seems expensive!
momofsix 06:44 AM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by morgan24:
I just started twins that are 2. The girl is potty trained. Normally I don't use a potty chair or seat, but she is so tiny she needs the seat in order to use the bathroom by herself. MI licensing rules say I have to sanitize it with bleach water every time she uses it. She is the only one who uses it. It is such a waste of my time to do it every time. I would do it at the end of the each day if allowed but it's not. It's the same with my diaper changing area, the pad has to be sanitized each time. MI keeps adding rules that are so time consuming. My vent is over now and I feel better.
Yes MI does
I just spray mine with the same bleach/water solution I use for the changing table, then let it air dry. It's kind of weird to me that we have to sanitize that after each use, but not the toilet SHHH, I'd better not give them any ideas!
morgan24 08:16 AM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
Yes MI does
I just spray mine with the same bleach/water solution I use for the changing table, then let it air dry. It's kind of weird to me that we have to sanitize that after each use, but not the toilet SHHH, I'd better not give them any ideas!
That will the next thing we have to sanitize. I have 3 in diapers so I have to dry the pad off each time and as I'm potty training I will have to spray that and dry it each time. I will be spending a lot of time in the bathroom lol.
heyhun77 09:07 AM 09-13-2011
I do this for accreditation standards but since it doesn't say the toilet seat has to be sanitized each time (I know about the shhhhh because that'll be next!) I am going to replace my toilet seat with one that has a second seat included for kids so it's just part of the toilet. Here's the one I found:

http://www.leapsandbounds.com/catalo...mSource=Search
blessedmess8 09:47 AM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by heyhun77:
I do this for accreditation standards but since it doesn't say the toilet seat has to be sanitized each time (I know about the shhhhh because that'll be next!) I am going to replace my toilet seat with one that has a second seat included for kids so it's just part of the toilet. Here's the one I found:

http://www.leapsandbounds.com/catalo...mSource=Search
Yes, I just bought a child size sear to put on my big potty and a stool. Works great! Less mess, no need to sanitize every time!
Tags:sanitizing
Reply Up