Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question About Background Check
Cortney 04:55 PM 04-05-2018
I was placed in a pre trial program for marijuana and will be off probation next month, going through bright from the start would I not pass the back ground check? I turned it in on Tuesday
Cat Herder 04:51 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by Cortney:
I was placed in a pre trial program for marijuana and will be off probation next month, going through bright from the start would I not pass the back ground check? I turned it in on Tuesday
http://decal.ga.gov/documents/attach...ar_6192014.pdf

This should help you.

A criminal record is defined as:
Unregistered 01:36 PM 09-19-2018
Would a recent misdemeanor for marijuana prevent me from employment in a dfs licensed daycare in Wyoming?
Cat Herder 02:17 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Would a recent misdemeanor for marijuana prevent me from employment in a dfs licensed daycare in Wyoming?
"Are there criminal convictions or pending deferred prosecution of a felony or misdemeanor would exclude me from eligibility to work with children?

Please refer to Chapter 3, Section 1 and Chapter 4, Section 3 of the Wyoming Child Care Licensing Rules for a list of disqualifiers based on a child abuse/neglect substantiation, criminal history or deferred prosecution of a felony or misdemeanor."

Chapter 3 - https://docs.google.com/a/wyo.gov/vi...UyZTkxMGNmYTA5

Chapter 4 - https://docs.google.com/a/wyo.gov/vi...WU1ZTU2NTdiNWM
hwichlaz 07:05 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

This is different in EVERY state. In California, any conviction at all, even shoplifting, will at least slow the process down, and they don't have to give you a waiver. A foster daughter had to be excluded from my facility during business hours because she got a shoplifting conviction while away at college. Once she completed probation we were able to get her a waiver.

However, here's the good news, since the decriminalization of MJ, those convictions of possession or growing no longer count against you. So if it's been decriminalized in your state you may be in luck.
hwichlaz 07:06 AM 09-20-2018
Oh, if you're operating with a waiver, you have to have every client sign a form saying they know you have a criminal background check exemption. That could raise some questions and cost you business if you're aren't willing to show them your background check so that they can see what the conviction was.
Blackcat31 07:14 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
However, here's the good news, since the decriminalization of MJ, those convictions of possession or growing no longer count against you. So if it's been decriminalized in your state you may be in luck.
OP said "recent misdemeanor" so that tells me it isn't legal in her state.
Ashley matos 09:47 AM 11-25-2019
Wanted to know if I’ve got arrested 5 years ago for something I really didn’t do and got charged with battery & burglary never was convicted . Can I still work at a day care I live in Florida ?
Cat Herder 09:40 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by nwtnanne:
do i need a background check? i have history of using but im sober now and i can provide certification for it from
Everyone who works with children is required to have background checks. Each state has different scales for what can and what can't pass.
heathershort88 06:38 AM 02-13-2021
I did in home childcare for 2 years. Now I'm trying to get a job in a daycare. I have a background check coming up. I have never had problems passing. But things last couple weeks have made me worry. Long story short is I had a friend staying with me and I was about to give her 30 day notice but then I found out she was doing drugs right next to my kid in my basement after I had told her not to. So I messaged her and told her she was kicked out and I was putting her stuff on curb. She said ok and that she would come get it. For some reason she waited a day and a half. So my neighbor took some expensive stuff. And they wont answer the door so I can get it back. I offered to make payments for the stuff to her. But she pressed charges. I told her I never meant to hurt her. And that I was just trying to protect my kids and I just dont want her around. I have never done anything like this so I'm pretty sure they will just make me pay eventhough I already offered to pay. But with this pending charge will this stop me from getting the job???
Michael 06:53 AM 02-13-2021
Welcome to the forum. You are innocent until proven guilty. You have not been convicted of anything. There may be a problem if you start your business and then have a conviction. It really depends on what the offense is per your state’s regulations. Hopefully it’s not a felony. Get a good lawyer.
284878 09:05 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by heathershort88:
I did in home childcare for 2 years. Now I'm trying to get a job in a daycare. I have a background check coming up. I have never had problems passing. But things last couple weeks have made me worry. Long story short is I had a friend staying with me and I was about to give her 30 day notice but then I found out she was doing drugs right next to my kid in my basement after I had told her not to. So I messaged her and told her she was kicked out and I was putting her stuff on curb. She said ok and that she would come get it. For some reason she waited a day and a half. So my neighbor took some expensive stuff. And they wont answer the door so I can get it back. I offered to make payments for the stuff to her. But she pressed charges. I told her I never meant to hurt her. And that I was just trying to protect my kids and I just dont want her around. I have never done anything like this so I'm pretty sure they will just make me pay eventhough I already offered to pay. But with this pending charge will this stop me from getting the job???
Um did you call the cops and report the theft of the missing items?

So a friend of a friend took some stuff that was at "the curb" and the homeowner called the cops on them for theft, he got arrested and went to jail. If this is the case, then call the cops and have them arrested or at least agree that if they give the items back that you will not press charges.
Tags:background check, felony, misdemeanors
1 2
Reply Up