Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Jero999

Default Paying Taxes

As a home daycare provider, when you filed your taxes, did you actually pay the IRS taxes out of your pocket? If so, how much? Also, if you have your own biological kids, could you claim them and get earned income credit and child credit using your home daycare business?

If you did, how much did you actually get in your hometown?

I need to to know, since i am interested in starting a homedaycare in sept of 2010.

Thank you.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Bob

Default Just testing

Just testing.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Business Author/Trainer

Default Starting Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jero999 View Post
As a home daycare provider, when you filed your taxes, did you actually pay the IRS taxes out of your pocket? If so, how much? Also, if you have your own biological kids, could you claim them and get earned income credit and child credit using your home daycare business?

If you did, how much did you actually get in your hometown?

I need to to know, since i am interested in starting a homedaycare in sept of 2010.

Thank you.
How much you will pay in taxes depends on your business profit, other family income, family expenses, and more. Some providers have enough withheld by their spouses that they get refunds at the end of the year. You could qualify for the earned income credit. But you can only claim the child care tax credit if you pay someone outside your family to care for your own child. You can't claim this credit based on you caring for your own child.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Is there a credit you can claim for caring for a child that is not yours?
Acts 13:22
Old 10-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Business Author/Trainer

Default Credit for caring for another child

No, there is no tax credit for caring for a child who is not your own.

Tags
child credit, earned income credit, taxes