Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Have No Patience
laundrymom 10:04 AM 12-21-2010
I am really trying but I have no patience with one of the families anymore. If they arent paying late or partially they are bringing him after meals hungry, at nap time having just woke up unfed, or he is being very agressive towards his friends. Today has been "grab my friend by the neck and drag them to the floor day,.. and take all the toddlers toys and hold them over their head so they cant reach it day. "I texted mom a bit ago and told her we were having some agression issues and explained what happened,.. she said,.. gee I dont know where he would have seen that. be sure to tell dad at pickup,.. ok, I will . I wush she would just have called me, dad thinks kid can do no wrong. hes almost 3 and has began saying mean things this week as well. Its almost like they are looking for a reason to be termed.
momofsix 10:20 AM 12-21-2010
Oh that's frustrating when it's both the kid AND the parent that aren't "behaving" I feel for you. Can you afford to term hiim and be done with them?
laundrymom 10:39 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by momofsix:
Oh that's frustrating when it's both the kid AND the parent that aren't "behaving" I feel for you. Can you afford to term hiim and be done with them?
YES!!!!! I can. I have a waiting list and one at home aging to 6 weeks so she can start. I can term with no ill effects whatsoever. fill the spot today and have a new boy show up tomorrow ,.. but I LOVE this kid, He has just started being agressive in the last 2 weeks,.. today has been the worst. He talks about a show called sonny anderchy? he watches it with dad,..Ive not heard of it, its about guys with motorcycles?

amd family guy? Ive heard of that one but never seen it. I dont watch main stream tv. lol and my girls even the almost 13 yr old is still monitored quite a bit.
Termination is coming,.. its just a matter of when,.. Im so frustrated though. I dont have patience for people that dont respect me,.. I guess that is my vent,.. I really dont take out my frustrations of the parent on the kid,.. but man, when he acts like this,.. its hard not to be grouchy at him.
Blackcat31 10:41 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
YES!!!!! I can. I have a waiting list and one at home aging to 6 weeks so she can start. I can term with no ill effects whatsoever. fill the spot today and have a new boy show up tomorrow ,.. but I LOVE this kid, He has just started being agressive in the last 2 weeks,.. today has been the worst. He talks about a show called sonny anderchy? he watches it with dad,..Ive not heard of it, its about guys with motorcycles?

amd family guy? Ive heard of that one but never seen it. I dont watch main stream tv. lol and my girls even the almost 13 yr old is still monitored quite a bit.
Termination is coming,.. its just a matter of when,.. Im so frustrated though. I dont have patience for people that dont respect me,.. I guess that is my vent,.. I really dont take out my frustrations of the parent on the kid,.. but man, when he acts like this,.. its hard not to be grouchy at him.
I think he means Sons of Anarchy and I don't think it is meant for kids....
laundrymom 10:45 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think he means Sons of Anarchy and I don't think it is meant for kids....
is it maybe a older kid show? or is dad just a dork? he is 2 1/2.
Blackcat31 10:50 AM 12-21-2010
No, not an older kid show it is on FX and on at like 8 or 9 and it's about a motorcycle gang like the Hell's Angels, I've never watched it but I've seen many commercials about it and it is DEFINITLEY not for kids even young teens in my opinion. http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/soa/
laundrymom 10:57 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
No, not an older kid show it is on FX and on at like 8 or 9 and it's about a motorcycle gang like the Hell's Angels, I've never watched it but I've seen many commercials about it and it is DEFINITLEY not for kids even young teens in my opinion. http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/soa/
wow. simply wow,.. I dont know what to say. wow.

thank you blackcat,.....
misol 11:36 AM 12-21-2010
I watch Sons of Anarchy and it is DEFINITELY an adult program - plenty of violence, sex, and adult language. If he watches that and Family Guy then no wonder he is being agressive. I don't watch Family Guy but I've seen an episode or two and that baby (Stewie?) is off the hook!

Both programs are inappropriate television for a 2.5 year old. Period.
Lilbutterflie 12:08 PM 12-21-2010
Sons of Anarchy is rated TV-MA. The absolute highest rating for television. I would confront his parents about this. NO WAY he should be watching it!!!
Michael 12:45 PM 12-21-2010
Its nothing compared to the Sons of Silence, one of the most violent motorcycle gangs in America. That is where they pulled the name from. Hollywood is a far cry from the reality of this gang.

http://www.sonsofsilence.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Silence
DaycareMomma 08:48 AM 12-22-2010
I would definately be talking to the parents. There is no way that little boy should be watching Sons of Anarchy. My husband watches it and I've seen bits of it. I wouldn't let my 5 year old watch it!
dEHmom 09:01 AM 12-22-2010
When you term, are they responsible for any more payments within notice time?

Maybe they are looking to be termed simply because of that. If they give you notice, and they are required to continue paying, then it's not worth
laundrymom 10:08 AM 12-22-2010
yes they are required,... but they are paid ahead 2 to 3 weeks. =-) they dont know it. They are so clueless about how much their bill is on what day,.. Ive always kept track,... normally I get a 2 weeks dep and a weeks fee in advance,... when they sign up,..She couldnt afford that, so she has paid on that 2 wk deposit for 2 years. Its now where it should be., They have no clue as to how much they owe or what I require 2 weeks ahead, and on fridays they pay for the third, so if they or I term in that next week, Ill forward two weeks from that following friday and give that as their day,.. like for example,.. last fri they paid, and paid for the following week,.. but since they were ahead 2 weeks, it really paid for him to be here until the 7th of jan. So if we term that is the day Ill give as last available for care, whether they bring him or not,... on thursday its the last day of care for the week. Im closed Friday. So when they pay THursday ,.. it will pay thier account until jan 14th. and that is the date Ill use for last date of services if I term next week. did that make any sense?? sorry Im a little hyped up on puppy chow right now. lol
dEHmom 10:17 AM 12-22-2010
i managed to get, they are paid up, and ahead, and you'll use the date to which they are paid up to to be final date.

dcp called she's feeling ill, is leaving work now, so half day for me!
Tags:no patience
Reply Up