Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NCNS Policy?
ashleyh 08:37 AM 01-05-2013
After reading some threads this morning I started thinking about policies most work places have regarding no call no shows and am wondering if this is something providers do as well?

Say for example a parent decides to no longer bring their child to your care but does not tell you. Instead their child is absent for a few days. Do you have a policy that states after so long of a time period the child is absent they are forfeiting their spot in daycare?
MarinaVanessa 08:46 AM 01-05-2013
Yes, I have one in my termination policy. Here is what it says:

In most cases the childcare provider will give a two weeks’ notice in writing if she needs to cancel the contract. The childcare provider however has the right to terminate the contract at any time without notice if the client should breach the contract by failing to follow any of the policies in the contract and policy handbook. These circumstances include, but are not limited to:
 Failure to comply with the policies set forth in the contract or handbook.
 Contesting and/or attempting to negotiate the fees, contract and/or policies.
 Failure to complete required forms by their required due date.
 Disruptive, disrespectful or hurtful behavior by a child or client that persists.
 Intentionally and/or frequently bringing a sick child to the daycare.
 Bringing a child to daycare after giving fever/pain reliever.
 Non-payment of tuition and/or fees or persistently late and/or recurring late payment fees.
 Deliberate disrespect or damage to the childcare provider, other daycare families, the home, family, furnishings or other belongings by a child, client or other person which picks the child up.
 Any behavior by a client that poses a possible risk to the other children in care such as (but not limited to) being under the influence of drugs/alcohol.
Failure to bring a child for five days in a row without any communication.
 Scheduling conflicts.
 The inability to meet a child’s needs without additional staff, equipment and/or remodeling of the home.

ashleyh 05:40 PM 01-05-2013
Thanks for sharing. I was originally thinking 3 days but then again 3 days isn't very long, but a full week makes sense. Thanks again
Reply Up