Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update on my previous thread..."Had To Enforce Payment Policy Today :("
frugalmama4 10:21 AM 04-05-2013
So I posted the other day about standing up for myself...and feeling a little bad about it.

So here is what standing your ground gets you

Re-cap: Mom won't free child care b/c she couldn't pay her bill...and I said NO!

So the kids have been out of my care all week long...not one word from mom since we talked/text Sunday afternoon. Well Thursday of this week I got a weird text saying " I'll be there Thursday to pay for Saturday" me: I'm sorry (Saturday)??? I figured it wasn't for meant for me. she never text back.

Now it's Thursday night 10:30 pm and she text asking if kids can come tomorrow (Friday) b/c the family member who was keeping them all week can't anymore...I'll pay for next week in full at drop off.

Me: No, that's not how it works...you don't pay for care when you need it...you pay for the week and by the way as of now you owe $$$ plus late fees...

Well to make a long story short we went back and forward with few text...and then she says ok I will drop them in the am and pay in full plus the late fees and next weeks.

Yep that's right...it's Friday and I just got paid!
Blackcat31 10:30 AM 04-05-2013
Good for you!

It is great when you use your backbone but even greater when it gets parents to step up!
daycarediva 10:36 AM 04-05-2013
That's AWESOME!
MarinaVanessa 10:39 AM 04-05-2013
Whoohoo!!!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:04 AM 04-05-2013
Yeah, my parent that I had issues handed me my two week notice. I knew it was coming but makes me sad. I love their little guy. But I can't live on them paying me one to two days a week and him being in a full time spot! the good news is I can advertise for an infant spot. Taking an ad in tomorrow! Already posted with the referral agency.
rmc20021 11:05 AM 04-05-2013
YaY...We both got what we wanted and deserve this week. I got my money that was owed to me from last week also...as well as them begging me to keep dcg on, which I did as I told them it was to ONLY be with the understanding there would be no more late payments.
littlemissmuffet 11:08 AM 04-05-2013
Good job, girl!
mema 11:09 AM 04-05-2013
WTG
Luna 11:31 AM 04-05-2013
Good for you! She sure did keep trying though, didnt she? Now she knows you mean business
Reply Up