Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question: Employee Raise How Much???
frugalmama4 06:38 AM 12-09-2013
GM All,

I currently have a full time assistant she's great! It's time to due her 6 month review what should I give for a raise?? She currently makes $7.25 (min wage), this would be her first raise.

Thanks for any feedback!
MamaBearCanada 06:54 AM 12-09-2013
This report says a raise of 3% a year is the new normal. So about 25c based on her current wage, although that would be for the full year. If you really like her you could do 25c now and another 25c in 6 months then choose whether you want to do a raise every 6 or 12 months after that.

http://m.nbcnews.com/business/3-perc...2013-1C7103235

You would have to look at what you can afford and how often you would need to raise your rates to keep up with the raises.
jessrlee 06:59 AM 12-09-2013
My assistant makes 8.50 per hour. I will bump her to $10 in May.
SSWonders 07:17 AM 12-09-2013
I'm in the wrong place I think. My assistant is paid $15 per hour.
frugalmama4 07:23 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
This report says a raise of 3% a year is the new normal. So about 25c based on her current wage, although that would be for the full year. If you really like her you could do 25c now and another 25c in 6 months then choose whether you want to do a raise every 6 or 12 months after that.

http://m.nbcnews.com/business/3-perc...2013-1C7103235

You would have to look at what you can afford and how often you would need to raise your rates to keep up with the raises.
Great advice, thanks!

I like the raise once a year (every 12months), I have her review scheduled for the end of this month...she has been employed for 9months now...would it be ok to what until she has made a full year (March 2014) to give her the raise?? Or should I go ahead and give it once review is done and from thereon once a year...on or around her anniversary date??

Oh, I should add she will get a Christmas bonus $100 tax free!
Thanks!
frugalmama4 07:32 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by SSWonders:
Can I come work for you??? I don't make $15.00 an hour
butterfly 07:32 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by frugalmama4:
Great advice, thanks!

I like the raise once a year (every 12months), I have her review scheduled for the end of this month...she has been employed for 9months now...would it be ok to what until she has made a full year (March 2014) to give her the raise?? Or should I go ahead and give it once review is done and from thereon once a year...on or around her anniversary date??

Thanks!
I would give her a raise at her review. I wouldn't wait. You said yourself that she is great! Then you could give raises annually going forward.

Having a review (and a great review) without a raise is almost a slap in the face in my perspective - especially considering she could go anywhere else and make minimum wage.
jessrlee 07:34 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by butterfly:
I would give her a raise at her review. I wouldn't wait. You said yourself that she is great! Then you could give raises annually going forward.

Having a review (and a great review) without a raise is almost a slap in the face in my perspective - especially considering she could go anywhere else and make minimum wage.
I agree! I would give her a raise at the review and then every anniversary.
MamaBearCanada 08:49 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by frugalmama4:
Great advice, thanks!

Oh, I should add she will get a Christmas bonus $100 tax free!
Thanks!
I agree with the others I would raise at the review. If you really like her you might want to do more than the 3% if you think she might leave to work elsewhere.
frugalmama4 09:02 AM 12-09-2013
Thanks yall!

I will give her the raise at the review, and then every year afterwards.

She's in school at night and she loves working with the kiddos so her leaving anytime soon would only be if her school schedule changed.

This is her first real job, I just wanted to be fair and give a raise as she would get working anywhere else.

Thanks, have a Blessed week!!
thetoddlerwhisper 09:19 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by SSWonders:
ill be your assisstant. im only making 7.25 as a lead
Reply Up