Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kicking, Pinching, etc
mema 09:08 AM 05-02-2014
I have a 21month old (dcb1) who seems to be getting angrier and angrier everyday. He started off a few weeks ago by pushing his brother(dcb2) at drop off/pick up times. Dcd (drop off) would laugh. Dcm (pick up) would pick him up and say no. He didn't ever do it during the day until this week.

Tuesday he pushed brother (who is older). They weren't even in the same area. Dcb1 was talking to his dinosaur and then starting telling him no, no. Looked at dcb2, walked over, and pushed him. I removed him to an area by himself with some books and said we don't push and walked away. He then started pounding the books into the ground. I took them and let him sit and fake whine. When he finished his pouting, I gave him an area to play in with new toys. He was fine (well, his normal self anyway).

Wednesday, he spent the morning kicking, pushing and banging his toys into the ground. I gave him a few soft baby toys so at least he wouldn't hurt himself or my toys.

Yesterday, he pinched another dcb's (dcb3) feet. They were playing nicely and dcb1 decided he was done. He started putting his toys in his bucket and then took dcb3's toys away and put them away. Dcb3 crawled over to different toys and started playing. Dcb1 walked over, sat down, and started playing with his own socks. Dcb3 (younger, developementally delayed) reached for this boys socks, so dcb1 pinched dcb3's feet. He was removed and placed in an area alone.

Today dcb1 and dcb3 were sitting about 10 feet apart playing separately. Dcb1 was talking away and dcb3 was laughing. I was changing baby, but facing them, when dcb1 got up and kicked a toy at dcb3. He is now sitting in the baby gate area pitching a fit.

Dcm had asked me last week if he was biting here and I said no. He has never bit. She said he was biting at home-all of them. I did tell her earlier this week that he was pushing brother. She said they both do it to each other at home all the time.

Sorry, didn't realize how long that got. Any suggestions on curbing the behavior? He is my shadow the rest of the day and if he can't be right by me, will be in the gated area with toys.
KiddieCahoots 12:18 PM 05-02-2014
Had a similar situation with siblings. The youngest was only 18 months old, and when mad, would take down her siblings dcb2, & dcb4, like a football player. The older sibling was inappropriately physical with the younger siblings, and the two younger siblings were only learning the same behavior from her. Dcm explained this inappropriate behavior to be normal at home, and I was mortified to hear her describe in detail all the other behaviors that were occurring.
Unfortunately, that was my answer on how things would go, without the help of dcm & dcd curbing this behavior at home, it only got worse.
Termination was the answer, before they crossed the line of only hurting family, to the other children in my care.
Michelle 05:26 PM 05-02-2014
You might want to ask if they watch WWF or boxing etc.
I had a whole group of kids that did this and it was funny to dad so they kept doing it. you know..."boys will be boys"
ummm .. no
not at my house
Reply Up