Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Some Major Advise/Encouragement
MrsCoffee 07:16 AM 03-16-2010
Yesterday was a terrible day! I almost have doubts of being a provider when I have to deal with parents like this!!!!

So dcB gets dropped of with his sister 5 who goes to school, dcB is very fussy but at 6 months is getting teeth( His parent said nothing of teething or cough, just dropped him off).. Next family drop of dcG 11 months, mom says she is very fussy and cutting 3 new teeth, had a LONG night.. Last family drops of another dcB 28 months and says he doesn't feel good, also LONG night and has been sneezing, but no fever...

I had a very rough morning, 6 month old dcB cried and cried and would not eat. I called parents to see if he had already eaten and he was fussy but no oragel was in his bag, also how was his night. I was told he last ate at 4 am woke up twice but other than that he had been fine. So I let them go and just tried to deal with it as his teething asked them to please be sure that oragel is packed for the next day. Not even 45 mins later this poor baby was so uncontrollably fussy nothing soothed him I called parent to pick him up... Said he needed to see a Dr. his lunges were full off fluid I sucked it out of him nose... 3 Xs!! Parent made apt and took him, but asked me if they could bring him back if they had meds!!! I said not if baby has an ear infection, but if its only his teeth yes with oragel. I called him 3 hours after apt (I still had parents dcG5) Parent tells me they felt foolish taking baby in, not crying or fussy, baby had small ear infection but laughed the whole time! Then told me they were picking up the antibiotics. Hated to miss a full day of work (waiting for me to say that I wouldn't mind him being here with meds), I said well with and ear infection I think he would be more comfortable at home. Parent left 5 dcG here and waited until I closed to pick her up!

Deep breath

Dcg 11 months had a great morning and ate well at lunch, but nap time was so hard, and when she finally fell asleep dcB 6 months parent called to tell me how good dcB was doing!!! And that woke poor dcG. After that the phone needed to be taken off the hook! DcG 11 months mom called to check on her at her normal time and I told her she had a great morning but was having a hard time sleeping, She "Voluntarily" had her husband come get her early and take her to the Dr.s. Turns out she too has an ear infection... Why can't more parents be like her.

Thank God dcB 28 months had a great day, no problems at all. Don't even think he sneezed once here.

Oh and this morning parent of dcB 6 months told me he had a great night and the meds he was on, her needed to be on an anti biotic plus something to clear the fluid in his lungs! And they made me feel so bad to call them, that poor dcB.
jen 07:22 AM 03-16-2010
Sorry you had a bad day!

I have a blanket permission slip for over the counter meds and I keep oragel and infant Tylenol in the house. That way I am not dependant on a parent remembering to bring meds.

Hopefully today will be better!!!
newtoeverything 07:41 AM 03-16-2010
Wow. Sometimes the parents are more worried about doing what THEY have/want to do instead of what is best for the baby. I would rather take my baby in and nothing be wrong, than it being too late and they have a full blown ear infection or rsv or something. I am sorry for what you are having to deal with and will pray it gets better. You did what you thought was right and you should stick by it. You can't have your children or other daycare children getting sick...OR let alone you getting sick and not being able to watch their kid for a full week or something.
MrsCoffee 07:53 PM 03-16-2010
Thanks for the encouragement, today was great actually. The babies both came and felt much better They all took great naps as well It was a beautiful sunny spring day and we even got to enjoy some fresh air
Tags:oragel, tylenol
Reply Up