Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Michigan Provider ID number for DHS parents?
arlice77 11:20 AM 05-14-2014
Hello All!

For those providers in Michigan, can you please let me know how you went about getting a Provider ID # for State paid parents? I just received my registration & tried calling my consultant, but she's not in the office.

So until I can reach her, will someone let me know what are the steps?

Thanks!
Blackcat31 01:10 PM 05-14-2014
I am not in Michigan but am bumping this back up so maybe one of our members from the same state can help.

Welcome to the forum too!
momofsix 02:46 PM 05-14-2014
Sorry-I'm from MI but don't have any state pay kids. If I have a family with a need I would rather give them a "scholarship" myself than deal with the state pay.
melilley 03:09 PM 05-14-2014
I don't take state pay either, there's too much to deal with.
Did you sign up to receive payments yet? If no, go on mi.gov/childcare nd you may find your answer. I know you have to sign up, get approved then they send you a dhs 198 with the I'd # and then a pin comes separately.
Sorry I'm not much help! If you can't find anything on mi.gov, just put a search in for "how do I find my provider I'd number for dhs in mi" or something similar.

I know I tried to sign up once just in case and I couldn't get a hold of anyone to answer my questions. And then a few months ago, they sent an email to all licensed providers saying that if we wanted to accept state pay, we had to attend a Web training.
Cradle2crayons 04:12 PM 05-14-2014
I'm not in Michigan but when I applied to take state pay it was just a form thing and when I was approved they sent me something in the mail and my email with my provider ID on it.

Hope that helps!
arlice77 11:50 PM 05-14-2014
Thank you all for the responses. Yeah, It's just too weird to me how neither BCAL – Lansing Office nor Central Reconciliation Unit could answer my questions. BCAL refers me to CRU and then CRU referred me back to BCAL

It's okay though, I'll just wait to hear back from my consultant.

Thanks again!!
melilley 06:22 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by arlice77:
Thank you all for the responses. Yeah, It's just too weird to me how neither BCAL – Lansing Office nor Central Reconciliation Unit could answer my questions. BCAL refers me to CRU and then CRU referred me back to BCAL

It's okay though, I'll just wait to hear back from my consultant.

Thanks again!!
My consultant couldn't tell me anything either as they don't have anything to do with dhs payments.

http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0,4562,7...5333--,00.html

Have you tried calling this number on this link? There are also other links that you could check out.
arlice77 08:25 AM 05-15-2014
Just got off the phone with my consultant and she said my Provider ID # is set automatically in the system to me mailed out within 10 days of my childcare registration effective date.
melilley 10:24 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by arlice77:
Just got off the phone with my consultant and she said my Provider ID # is set automatically in the system to me mailed out within 10 days of my childcare registration effective date.
I hope she is talking about your provider id# for the billing and not your license# for your registration, unless it's the same # for both.? Just something to think about.
SunnyDay 11:02 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I hope she is talking about your provider id# for the billing and not your license# for your registration, unless it's the same # for both.? Just something to think about.
I was confused about this with my one (and only) client who used the state program. I thought she just wanted my license # and didn't realize that I needed a different provider ID#. Eventually her caseworker set me up with one somehow, but the whole process was just confusing.
melilley 11:14 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by SunnyDay:
I was confused about this with my one (and only) client who used the state program. I thought she just wanted my license # and didn't realize that I needed a different provider ID#. Eventually her caseworker set me up with one somehow, but the whole process was just confusing.
Yeah, I think her consultant was thinking of her license #.
I did have one family who was on state aid interview and I explained to them that I didn't know how to bill for state aid and that I called several numbers and got nowhere and the mom said that her caseworker could take care of it and get the info for me.
Childminder 12:41 PM 05-15-2014
Once you sign up to accept state pay in MI you will receive a paper in the mail with a six digit code that will become your provider billing number. Go into the MI.gov/dhs Provider Billing and the CP&U site to find out more information and to sign up.

The six digit number is not the same as your licensing ID and will be the one you need to enter on all provider verification forms, etc...
rebekki78 07:24 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Once you sign up to accept state pay in MI you will receive a paper in the mail with a six digit code that will become your provider billing number. Go into the MI.gov/dhs Provider Billing and the CP&U site to find out more information and to sign up.

The six digit number is not the same as your licensing ID and will be the one you need to enter on all provider verification forms, etc...
This is correct. The whole process is confusing at first. I made a lot of phone calls and didn't get many answers. Once the process was in motion, though, it was easy to use. They should have more info somewhere that gives more details on the set up process.
Reply Up