Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toddlers and Running!!
mickey2 05:35 AM 08-22-2011
I currently have a 22 month old and a 17 month old (both boys) who run, run, run. They run from toy to toy to toy ALL day! Is there any way to stop this?

I have tried saying no running over and over until I am exhausted from saying it but they go right back to doing it as soon as I am not reinforcing no running. I could do this all day, a million times a day. When do they get it? It is sooooo frustrating!

The 2.5 year old and the both 3 year olds occasionally forget but with reminding they stop.
harperluu 05:49 AM 08-22-2011
I currently have three toddlers that also like to run, run, run around the table. Oh the madness! They are all turning 2 or have recently turned 2 and they do it less and less. But it just takes lots and lots of reinforcement. Actually, with toddlers I always feel I'm saying the same things over and over and over.

When I'm outside with the toddlers, I encourage them to play running games. Run over here, hop over this jump rope, run over there. It seems to wear them out so there is limited running but I think it mostly takes getting past two!

Hang in there!
laundrymom 06:04 AM 08-22-2011
My sweet well mannered 18 mo boy came in this morning running, hitting, screaming running and knocking his friends down. He is playing nicely in a separate area. I can't do tornado toddler today. Lol
Sunshine44 11:01 AM 08-22-2011
My child runs! 3 yrs old. I know some of it is age, some kids just are more active. ahh!
Reply Up