Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have You Ever Felt Like....
coolconfidentme 01:14 PM 03-13-2014
...duct taping sock or shoes on a kid? Some will not keep theirs on. UGH!
Blackcat31 01:44 PM 03-13-2014
YES!!

My DH always says we should attach socks to strings like they do to mittens...

But imagine the fall out if a kid's socks were trailing along behind him and someone steps on one or something I imagine it would NOT be a pleasant feeling to have that string get ripped through one pant leg and up the other
daycare 01:56 PM 03-13-2014
you mean like this?????????????? I love this movie
Attached: spray on shoes.jpg (34.0 KB) 
coolconfidentme 02:04 PM 03-13-2014
Velcro shoes & a one year old are NOT a good combination...
KidGrind 06:36 PM 03-13-2014
No.

I will from this day forward.
blandino 06:43 PM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
you mean like this?????????????? I love this movie
I joke about this ALL THE TIME. Or the Hanes commercial where they dipped their feet in a vat of white goo to make socks.

My DCK act like they are being tortured if they have to keep their socks on. And if I have them keep them on, I find them on the floor 10 minutes later. Actually, I find one of them on the floor 10 minutes later. The other will show up two weeks later in the middle of the floor, while I have no idea how it got there.
drseuss 07:46 PM 03-13-2014
Heehee!! I have one baby who takes his socks off every chance he gets, and he likes to chew on them. On the days he is wearing socks instead of a one-piece jammie-type outfit, I don't even bother trying. The socks come off, they get folded up, and at the end of the day they go back on. Otherwise I'd never find them by the time mom comes for pickup.
daycare 09:11 PM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by blandino:
I joke about this ALL THE TIME. Or the Hanes commercial where they dipped their feet in a vat of white goo to make socks.

My DCK act like they are being tortured if they have to keep their socks on. And if I have them keep them on, I find them on the floor 10 minutes later. Actually, I find one of them on the floor 10 minutes later. The other will show up two weeks later in the middle of the floor, while I have no idea how it got there.
lol that or a bucket of toys. Eww gross stinky socks in box.

I need to stop reading doctor Seuss
Unregistered 05:29 AM 03-14-2014
I'm a barefoot person so I roll with it for indoors. All of their socks are off within the first hour. I snag them before they get hidden somewhere I'll never find them again, and shortly before pick up or outside time they all go back on again. In 8 years I have only put socks back on the wrong child once
mountainside13 07:24 AM 03-14-2014
I am always loosing kids socks!!!! I feel so bad when parents come and they are missing one sock! The older kids are getting better, if they want them off they have to put them in their shoes. But the younger ones... Always get lost
NeedaVaca 07:28 AM 03-14-2014
I have a couple that love to take off their socks, I usually get them right away and put them with their shoes. One time I could not find a sock anywhere! It was getting close to pick up so I told my 10yr DD I would pay her a $1 to find it lol.
Wubby 07:55 AM 03-14-2014
On Tuesday, I had a one toss her socks in the trash. We searched high and low, in cubbies and bins, and I finally had to tell the parents no socks. Until I went to dump the trash and there they sat.
Tags:socks
Reply Up