Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Breastfed Baby Help..
Heidi 12:10 PM 11-19-2014
Little man is 8 weeks old, and the last few days, has increasingly wanted more and more milk.

He started at the beginning of the month with 4 oz at a feeding, every 3 hours. The next week it was 5 oz.

This week, it's anywhere from 5-7 oz, sometimes every 2 hours! That seems like way too much to me. Mom pumps 3x a day, but can't really produce 7 oz of milk at one sitting.

I know BM digests quicker. But, he's goes from playing to SCREAMING sometimes after only 1.75 hours. I try everything else first, holding, pacifier, nap. But, nothing works until he gets more milk.

He spits up a lot, at every burp, and then for an afterwards randomly until the next feeding.

He has his checkup tomorrow. I am having mom ask doc if an oz or two of water now and then is ok. I wonder if the spitting up is causing pain, and the milk soothes that.

Any input?

So, he comes at 7 and leaves at 4:45. He comes fed within an hour or so of arrival. He's been drinking 15-21 oz each day. I guess the 15 is reasonable, but 21 seems like a lot in that time?
Tags:breastfeeding
Up