Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Putting a big gate by front door at pickup???
Unregistered 06:03 AM 09-11-2016
Every time a parent picks up, the kids go crazy and they even try to go outside while the parent is talking to me. One parent lets her kid stay on the porch (she can see him) and the other mom lets her kid run out to her running vehicle and let's him play in the driver's seat. (Lord, help me!)

I recently updated my contract saying that children MUST be accompanied in and out of my house by the parent. Apparently the parents don't understand what I mean...it lasted a week and then they let their kids run out to the vehicle again. It's absolutely ridiculous. I feel like I have to babysit kids AND parents.

What do I do? Should I put one of those big gates (the ones you would put in front of a Christmas tree) in front of my door? I wouldn't lock the kids in it, it round be a big "U" in front of the door so the parent could step inside but the daycare kids wouldn't be allowed to go outside. I would have to lift the kid up over it though and I have a BIG dcb.

I am just fed up with it and it's a HUGE liability. If a kid got out of my house and went to the street......I don't even want to think about it.
Tags:entry way, entry way gate, gates, pick up issues, pick up policy
Up