Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default So Far I Hauled Out 4 Bags Today

ready for donation. they are in a black garbage bag. I only got rid of 4 games off my game shelf. Those games belong to my own children and they love to play (they are older) so I can't down size that (not sure but do people even play board games) I cleaned up the reading area, but I'm still going to get rid of the 3 units and only have one shelving unit. Now I still have the art cabinet to clean out. And I tried scraping some of the popcorn ceiling down, and I can forsee a big mess, dh is not going to be impressed. I hate it. If it was small popcorn stuff then fine, but its huge stuff on the ceiling. and the ceiling fan needs to be replaced but they stucco'd around the fan--who does this???? I've already warned the parents that I'm remodeling that room and that they are going to have to use the front door entrance.

now, here's the problem. I have to leave the tv and computer in that room. My children use that room so I have to leave it in there. For those who have these items how do you guys have them organized, like shelving wise. Oh the tv we have is a big box one, dh won't buy a flat screen because we live pretty frugal and he won't buy one (we have a box one in our family room too)
Old 07-10-2012, 11:20 AM

Hey countrymom, be careful with the removal of the popcorn cieling.....depending on how old it is there could be asbestos in it. Make sure you don't do it with kids around and where a mask while you do it.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:41 PM

nope no asbestos, it was done with drywall compound, they were a loon these people. Oh the best part was they didn't tape it right so I can pull the tape that is ment for the seams down. I did the computer cabinet instead of the art closet, I need to get some bins before I tackle that one.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Daycare.com Member

Our house had 2 rooms of that ugly ceiling. Our paint/texture guy used one of those metal trowel like things that you use when you are taping the sheetrock. They have a bit of a sharp edge and it flaked off with almost no effort. Messy, but easy to get off.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:22 PM

My whole house has popcorn ceilings. I hate it, but I'm not willing to do anything with it just yet.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:47 AM

I started last night and did a quater of it. now I need to get over to menards to buy my new ceiling fan.