Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Still Showed Up on Monday?
Checkinkids.com 11:51 AM 05-31-2011
despite the sign on the door AND the verbal reminder on friday's pickup - we still had some parents show up at 7:30am on Monday wanting to drop kids off for daycare.

Does this happen to everyone else?
cheerfuldom 11:56 AM 05-31-2011
wow. did they say they forgot or did they just want to see if you would watch kids anyway or what? I have never had a parent show up on a holiday.
Lucy 12:03 PM 05-31-2011
I was out of town so I don't know. I would hope not!!

One time, I took a week's vacation because my parents treated my husband and myself to a cruise (yay!!). We didn't have to leave for the airport until 9:00 am on Friday, and I had the next week off. This mom remembered the week, but forgot about the Friday. So she showed up at 7:00 am. She was so embarrassed when it was my husband who answered the door (I was just coming out of the shower) and that triggered her to remember that I had the day off. Not only was she embarrassed, but she was in a panic to get someone to watch her daughter. I yelled for my husband to catch her as she was rushing back to her car, and say that her daughter could stay until the school bus came to get her. It was cutting it close, as the bus came at 8:40 and we HAD to leave by 9:00. But I just felt so bad for this mom.
DCMom 12:07 PM 05-31-2011
I wasn't here so if they did, they saw the reminder still on the door
lil angels 12:10 PM 05-31-2011
I didn't this past Monday but have had people show in the past and I don't go to the door they can read the note that is hanging there.
MyAngels 12:23 PM 05-31-2011
Nobody showed up here. My families were all more excited about the day off than I was.
daycare 12:54 PM 05-31-2011
Mine was the oppsite, I was supposed to have 4 families show up and it ended up only being one. I usually close on holidays but switched things up a bit this year. Which was a big mistake
jojosmommy 11:15 AM 06-01-2011
None showed, I have never had a family show on a day off or vacation day (THANK GOODNESS!)
Lucy 02:23 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by Joyce:
I was out of town so I don't know. I would hope not!!

One time, I took a week's vacation because my parents treated my husband and myself to a cruise (yay!!). We didn't have to leave for the airport until 9:00 am on Friday, and I had the next week off. This mom remembered the week, but forgot about the Friday. So she showed up at 7:00 am. She was so embarrassed when it was my husband who answered the door (I was just coming out of the shower) and that triggered her to remember that I had the day off. Not only was she embarrassed, but she was in a panic to get someone to watch her daughter. I yelled for my husband to catch her as she was rushing back to her car, and say that her daughter could stay until the school bus came to get her. It was cutting it close, as the bus came at 8:40 and we HAD to leave by 9:00. But I just felt so bad for this mom.
(Quoted myself)
I know this means nothing to any of you, but just indulge me for a moment. I was looking back on my posts and noticed the timing of this one. 11 minutes after it posted, I got the call that my dad had died. My world has been in a fog ever since. You don't need to respond. I just posted it for myself. Carry on.
Meeko 03:09 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by Joyce:
(Quoted myself)
I know this means nothing to any of you, but just indulge me for a moment. I was looking back on my posts and noticed the timing of this one. 11 minutes after it posted, I got the call that my dad had died. My world has been in a fog ever since. You don't need to respond. I just posted it for myself. Carry on.
Oh bless you Joyce....hugs comin' your way....
MARSTELAC 09:39 AM 08-19-2011
Joyce: I'm just reading this now, with tears running down my face. How are you doing? I cannot imagine how hard this summer has been for you. Remember the good times and cherish those memories. I'm sending you hugs as well :-)
Tags:memorial day anyway
Reply Up